First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi again, I've been reading quite a few posts about shipping methods, times, routes etc. Sorry to say I haven't found one that answers my question. Briefly, how will my 24 Mav be shipped from the Hermosillo plant to Silver City, NM? Will it be a Mexican train from Hermosillo plant to the Arizona border at Nogales or Texas border at El Paso? Then will it be hooked up with a UP train from whatever border town to a yard in the U.S. where it will be put on a truck for delivery to Silver City? One map I saw suggests that switching point might be Santa Rosa, NM. Would that be about right? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Sure do like this site. Take care.
Sponsored

natkist

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai ElantraGT,2023 Ford MaverickXL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you contact your dealership sales manager they can run a VIN tracker after your Maverick ships. It shows the route and estimated delivery date.

I live in Northern AZ, my Mav shipped from Hermosillo, Mexico by rail on 8/28/23. Crossed the border at Nogales on 8/31/23 and on to El Mirage, AZ to a holding yard until freight company picks it up with car carrier. My dealer says it’s typically 2-3 weeks until it reaches them at Jones Ford Verde Valley. That is on par with Ford’s estimated delivery date between 9/9 and 9/22/23. it will be 1 year from order to delivery.
Best wishes

OP
OP

rich42

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi again, I've been reading quite a few posts about shipping methods, times, routes etc. Sorry to say I haven't found one that answers my question. Briefly, how will my 24 Mav be shipped from the Hermosillo plant to Silver City, NM? Will it be a Mexican train from Hermosillo plant to the Arizona border at Nogales or Texas border at El Paso? Then will it be hooked up with a UP train from whatever border town to a yard in the U.S. where it will be put on a truck for delivery to Silver City? One map I saw suggests that switching point might be Santa Rosa, NM. Would that be about right? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Sure do like this site. Take care.
If you contact your dealership sales manager they can run a VIN tracker after your Maverick ships. It shows the route and estimated delivery date.

I live in Northern AZ, my Mav shipped from Hermosillo, Mexico by rail on 8/28/23. Crossed the border at Nogales on 8/31/23 and on to El Mirage, AZ to a holding yard until freight company picks it up with car carrier. My dealer says it’s typically 2-3 weeks until it reaches them at Jones Ford Verde Valley. That is on par with Ford’s estimated delivery date between 9/9 and 9/22/23. it will be 1 year from order to delivery.
Best wishes

Best wishes
Got it. Many thanks for the quick reply and info. Go D-Backs.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Which ever takes longer seems to be the way they ship!

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m cheap, and I wish there was a way for me to pick mine up directly from Hermosillo and save the shipping fee. I’m about 14 hours from Hermosillo, so saving over $1,000 for a long day’s drive (or two short days) sounds pretty reasonable.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's even worse is when it sits in the rail yard 40 miles from you. Waiting to get to the dealership. Mine spent more time there than the ship to Newark NJ from Mexico.

OP
OP

rich42

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks gents. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Sponsored