Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid XLT
Lux, Copilot, and Engine Heater
Atlas Blue

According to the sales manager, mine is literally the only one with those exact options that was made this year, so no chance of finding a replacement. The big hangup is the engine heater. It has to be installed at the factory. Ford won't install them afterward and any aftermarket ones void all your warranties.

The salesman I had sucks, no question. I'm only dealing with the sales manager now, who seems appalled it's got to this point. He straight up told me if all of this had happened to him, he'd probably demand his deposit back and never buy from Ford again. He honestly seems embarrassed by Ford for this whole situation. He's trying to go the whole way up through Ford corporate to get my new order pushed into production earlier. Or so he's promising me, at least.
Don't be fooled. At Ford College, he took Embarrassed 101 & 102 and Sincerity 101 & 102. They also teach Crying 101 & 102, but enrollment has been mostly saleswomen. Sincerity is an art.
Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This seems to be the place to find if there's anyone out there with worse luck then me when it comes to getting their Maverick. I put my deposit down on July 4th, 2022 and it looks like, best case scenario, I might receive my Maverick by July 4th, 2024. If I'm unlucky, which seems to be the only kind I've had so far, it probably won't be until September or October.

Details: I put my deposit down to hold my place on the allocation list at the dealership for when the order banks opened in the fall of 2022. My order was placed about 4 hours after the order banks opened. But, due to all the issues Ford was having and the allocation system, my truck was two below the cut line for MY 2023, so had to get rolled over into MY 2024.

The dealership was supposed to keep the allocation order the same when rolling over the orders, but due to the salesman screwing up and literally forgetting my hand my folder off until the end of the day the order bank opened, I went from second in line to about thirty second, behind all the other rollovers and everyone who put a deposit down in 2023. I was not pleased by this, but was told there was basically no way to change the allocation order once they had been entered.

Finally, I get a build date in January and my truck is on it's way. Two delivery date push backs later, I find out my truck in part of the gas tank recall. I immediately called the sales manager at the dealership and he looked into it. Confirms it's part of the recall and they can't sell the truck until it's fixed. They're telling him that Ford used all of the available spare inventory of gas tanks fixing the trucks they caught before they were shipped out. They're not planning on having any more available until the end of the model year run, sometime in the forth quarter of 2024.

Looking at the options, he said my best shot at getting a truck before the end of the year would be to resubmit the order as an emergency replacement and he would get someone higher up the chain at Ford to set it to a low single digit priority code and transfer my private offer over to the new VIN. Put the new order in this morning, waiting on the higher ups now.

Doing the math, even if it gets scheduled in the next possible run, it wouldn't go into production until the beginning of June. This truck took over six weeks to get here, but let's say they put a rush on that too, and get its here in four, that would still be the beginning of July. I don't see any way I'm getting my Maverick in less than two years.
8 months. Dealership didn't require a deposit.

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're willing to forego your deposit, contact the dealer I bought from: Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, NY. They do all business on a handshake, and you'll get your truck. Mine took about 14 months because I tried to order a 2022 after the cutoff date, but then was moved to spot number one for a 2023. Actual 2023 order placed on the first day (which was some point in the fall of 2022), truck arrived at the dealership late May of 2023.

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be asking the dealer to find a totaled-out truck that has the tank in good shape take it out of the totaled truck and install it in yours. That would be much faster than trying to get a replacement tank or a new truck.

Never hurts to suggest that.

Sponsored

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure for liability reasons Ford is not going to do anything that is not 100% CPSC approved

Last edited:

FredFein

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150. ‘24 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered July 2023.
Simple XL with bed cover. Chili Red.
Notice from Ford in Feb 24 they would build it week of April 15, 2024.

I had been browsing web for wheels that I wanted to replace the ugly rims the XL has.

1 day I decided I'd stop by my dealer to see what wheels they had and other accessories.

Just by chance, they had 7 or 8 Mavericks sitting there.

I just assumed those were already spoken for. Asked the dealer they said no, they were a combo
of dealer allotments and customer canceled orders since they took so long.

They had a XL, several XLT, and Lariants. All FOR SALE ... at a $3000 markup over MSRP.

They had a nice chili red XLT sitting there. No comparison to the XL. WAY nicer.

I told them if they sold it me for MSRP and no BS dealer markup, I'd by it right then.

They said OK and moved my deposit from the XL over to this XLT and drove it home 2 hours later.

It was $5K more than the XL I ordered, but I'm glad I saw it and bought it.

The wheels are way better. The interior is WAY nicer.
It has the drop in bed liner, tri-fold cover, trailer hitch, heated seats & steering wheel, etc ..

100% happier that I got the XLT over the plain jane XL.
I would have spent at least a couple grand more on the XL to pretty it up anyway.

All by simple chance at Kings Ford - Cincinnati.

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
393 days , January 3rd 2022- January 31st.2023. Received 23 xl 2.0 eco, out the door, with taxes , tag , destination, $26,200.00.
Mullinax ford ,apopka FL. Was definitely would the wait.Forever vehicle, Lord willing.

Ford Maverick Longest Time Between Deposit and Receiving Your Maverick 20231123_114553

OP
OP

Archivist Engineer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a nice thought.

Next time, find another dealer. First red flag, for me anyway, is the deposit. Not all stealerships charge them. And it obviously doesn't help get your truck built & delivered any faster. Allocations are often the main reason for long delays.

Best of luck.
At the time, they were the only dealership I could find within a two hour drive that were selling at MSRP. Which is also probably why they had almost double the number of orders put in within 8 hours of the order banks opening than they ended up getting allocations for in 2023. But I blame that mostly on Ford for not telling dealerships their allocation number in advance and taking almost 50% more orders than they could have hoped to produce before closing the order banks in 2022.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Archivist Engineer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't be fooled. At Ford College, he took Embarrassed 101 & 102 and Sincerity 101 & 102. They also teach Crying 101 & 102, but enrollment has been mostly saleswomen. Sincerity is an art.
At least he passed the class then. The saleman I had must have flunked out because he seemed disinterested at best and mostly just annoyed at having to have a conversation with me once every three months or so.
Sponsored