Sponsored

Time between Reservation and converting to Order?

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed a reservation on the Ford site at the end of last week, and was contacted by my dealer on Monday. In the email the rep stated that “a member of our team will reach you with details as soon as it is time to place your order.”

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but is there usually a delay between placing a reservation and converting it to an order with a dealer? I’d be ready to finalize an order this week so am I just over-eager or is the dealership slow here?
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes the dealership is slow and not willing to earn your business.
@fordvideoguy from Long McArthur can help you I am sure.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Spec e46
Basically all the rep has to do is put the order in the system and get you to sign the DORA and a copy of your Driver's License.

In my case, it was a 1 day turnaround. Made a reservation on the Ford site. A rep from the dealer reached out that afternoon, took my specs and generated a DORA. I printed the DORA, signed it and sent a photo back along with a photo of my DL. Got the confirmation email from Ford same day.

OP
OP
frrocketdan

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically all the rep has to do is put the order in the system and get you to sign the DORA and a copy of your Driver's License.

In my case, it was a 1 day turnaround. Made a reservation on the Ford site. A rep from the dealer reached out that afternoon, took my specs and generated a DORA. I printed the DORA, signed it and sent a photo back along with a photo of my DL. Got the confirmation email from Ford same day.
Thanks, this is helpful. I’d gotten the sense from other posts that moving from reservation to order should be a pretty quick process but just wanted to make sure.

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
Time may be of the essence with this little Mav. Just show up in person and your order can be submitted within 20 minutes or so. By the time you get home the order confirmation from Ford may be waiting in your email. That's how it worked for me.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Time may be of the essence with this little Mav. Just show up in person and your order can be submitted within 20 minutes or so. By the time you get home the order confirmation from Ford may be waiting in your email. That's how it worked for me.
Same

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed a reservation on the Ford site at the end of last week, and was contacted by my dealer on Monday. In the email the rep stated that “a member of our team will reach you with details as soon as it is time to place your order.”

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but is there usually a delay between placing a reservation and converting it to an order with a dealer? I’d be ready to finalize an order this week so am I just over-eager or is the dealership slow here?
have you built your order in the Ford B&P configurator? Have you price shopped in your area? If you built it on paper already, see if there are honest dealers in your area and if the 1 that emailed isn't competitive blow them off and go elsewhere-preferably in person if you are really ready to sign a deal immediately.

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
With my order I did the reservation. Dealer contacted me, set up a time for me to stop by the dealership. The salesperson went through the options and all that and took my drivers license to copy along with a deposit. Before I was even off the lot Ford had sent me an email saying they got my order.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I ended up with 3 different dealerships turning away from me because of my persistence. Which they translated into "antagonistic communications"... So be it... I am all over YELP giving the details... Buffalo Springfield sang it out: "For What It's Worth".... Tom B at Horsham Ford in PA got all of the order and status - email from Ford - done within 8-10 minutes!!

I told all 3 dealerships that their Sales Staff must have been anticipating "Participation Trophies" for my business.... instead of truly EARNING my business!! I am in sales and I have never in my life seen such arrogance and bombastic horrible treatment toward a prospective customer!

Does anyone understand why these dealerships are so darn obnoxious??

Sponsored

bethanne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Beth Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick First Edition Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to my local dealership to order on 6/14. I had my DORA and a confirmation email before I left the dealer. Still waiting on my VIN and production schedule date.

Deleted member 1370

Perhaps so, but my dealer responded quite quickly. Within the day in fact. I think 1-2 business days tops would be a fair grace period. But depends on how busy or not the dealer is or knowledgeable I suppose. I had to go into the dealer later that day, finish my paperwork and physically sign a sheet of my build they had on some sort of grid pattern type sheet, had all my options color etc. Paid my deposit, they scanned it over and i was sent an order confirmation email within perhaps an hour, maybe 2 at most to my gmail from ford directly saying my order is confirmed. Sounds like the internet sales manager or rep at that dealer is slow on the uptake. Id follow up with them for sure.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I ended up with 3 different dealerships turning away from me because of my persistence. Which they translated into "antagonistic communications"... So be it... I am all over YELP giving the details... Buffalo Springfield sang it out: "For What It's Worth".... Tom B at Horsham Ford in PA got all of the order and status - email from Ford - done within 8-10 minutes!!

I told all 3 dealerships that their Sales Staff must have been anticipating "Participation Trophies" for my business.... instead of truly EARNING my business!! I am in sales and I have never in my life seen such arrogance and bombastic horrible treatment toward a prospective customer!

Does anyone understand why these dealerships are so darn obnoxious??
I think some dealerships are starting to see the writing on the wall with regards to internet sales and margins. If you can buy anywhere and have it delivered locally without goofy dealer additions (anti salt undercoating in DFW? Really? Scrape it off)

Others are frustrated because what they thought wouldbe high margin (4000 over invoice Hurling Ford, Edgefield SC?) is doing nothing for them.

also, my understanding has been that at most dealerships only 1 person was to deal with Mav preorders per location as a point of contact. If you were not that 1 poof there went the sale/commission

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
also, my understanding has been that at most dealerships only 1 person was to deal with Mav preorders per location as a point of contact. If you were not that 1 poof there went the sale/commission
That seems to have been the case at the place I called. They had me playing phone tag until the only guy who understood Ford's online ordering system was available.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to a small dealership that relies on people driving 30 miles out of town to avoid extra city taxes. No appointment, just showed up. I could have placed the order within 30 minutes, but went home to sleep on it. Went back the next day -- calling ahead this time so I could get with the same guy -- and had it done it 10-15 minutes.

Now I'm just hoping that they get allocated.
Sponsored