2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You heard correctly. No more allocations for the year with potential for supplements for those vehicles not needed at other dealers. Apparently Tim had a misunderstanding on how allocations would be updated monthly based upon sales but Ford just explained to Tim that the allocation number they got at the beginning of the model year was for the whole year...that was the reason they ran out of allocations as I understood it.
Wow so it's official

My truck didn't get built and now I have to order a MY24....Im really sad I have to pay thousands more for the same truck. Not to mention I'll have to wait months more to have a possibility to get scheduled

Any clue on when they are going to get in contact with order holders to place a new MY24 order?
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow so it's official

My truck didn't get built and now I have to order a MY24....Im really sad I have to pay thousands more for the same truck. Not to mention I'll have to wait months more to have a possibility to get scheduled

Any clue on when they are going to get in contact with order holders to place a new MY24 order?
Well, he said they "might" get some un-used allocations but not likely. From watching the video last night LM like Ford took too many orders.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow so it's official

If I had a guess, and given Tim's history and personality, he will be a lot tighter on the ordering for MY24. He will also prioritize his MY23 leftovers in the newly available 3-9 priority codes to ensure they are scheduled ahead of any new MY24.

Given the order banks are scheduled to open in the late July time frame, I would expect you to hear something around then.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I ordered Nov 2021, rolled over 2022, COVD and all that. I was fine until this May when my order # disappeared from Ford.com. Called and they said my order was" balanced out". Which basically means cancelled. This mess is all on Ford, don't believe it when they say it's the dealers fault. Those 5'000 orders they cancelled were orders belonging to people who thought they were getting a truck. Ford found a way to make it sound like it isn't their fault, it's the dealers who are taking the blame. Shame on Ford!!! I hope 5,000 people, their friends and families remember how they were treated when they consider their next vehicle!!!
Well - Totally sucks about your order..... and mine and thousands of other folks .... Plenty of blame to go around tho - No third shift increase in production as claimed by Ford.

Then, In Tim's Video -( start watching at 1:18:20 ) " This is the first time in any model that they gave you your number a year in advance of what you were going to get for the whole year with no exclusions... I guess "

So indeed Long Mcarthur had a allocation number a year ago which he said they didnt like and took far more orders than the number Ford gave them thinking the number would change and increase and Ford came back and said - no we told you what you were going to get. Sounds like a mistake on the dealership as well if Ford gave them the number originally promised. Now I really like Tim however they clearly made a mistake taking that many orders which is pretty evident in the video.

Now the argument - If Ford makes this basically a custom order why would allocations matter at all because it should be by order date - yeah Im in that camp. Also Ford manipulates the numbers by profit otherwise every truck would be and XL because they have put the XL as a "restrained item" even tho it takes the fewest parts....

The realization of hey...... Im not going to get a truck for 2023 is slowly coming more clear for many.

Last edited:

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I had a guess, and given Tim's history and personality, he will be a lot tighter on the ordering for MY24. He will also prioritize his MY23 leftovers in the newly available 3-9 priority codes to ensure they are scheduled ahead of any new MY24.

Given the order banks are scheduled to open in the late July time frame, I would expect you to hear something around then.
Most likely but note Tim said Ford changed the way they do allocations when it comes to using the sales of other vehicles such as previously they used a high percentage of trucks sales in their formulation and they changed it to now the Ford Escape is a big deal...so the ix for allocations changed and Tim said he expected their allocation numbers to drop accordingly. At least thats how I interpreted it

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most likely but note Tim said Ford changed the way they do allocations when it comes to using the sales of other vehicles such as previously they used a high percentage of trucks sales in their formulation and they changed it to now the Ford Escape is a big deal...so the ix for allocations changed and Tim said he expected their allocation numbers to drop accordingly. At least thats how I interpreted it
But LM WAS given a number a year ago which Ford indeed held them to so really "allocations" isnt such a mystery if Ford said - for 2023 we are giving you 200 Mavericks with the mix and constraints we have announced. LM would have to adjust the orders such as less hybrids or more XLTs or Lariats but it seems like they WAY over ordered for MY23.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Wow just listened to Tim on his live stream that was posted here for a few minutes and it doesn't sound great. I wonder how many unscheduled Mav orders they have yet?

On another note we ordered two Mav's (one EB and one Hybrid) from our Ford dealer which just happens to be the biggest Ford dealer (by volume) in the country the last few years. Neither order has been scheduled (surprise, surprise). I wonder if our dealer has used up all their Mav allocations for the year as well?

Luckily my wife bought a 23 Escape Hybrid which she loves and actually works out much better for us.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow so it's official

If you are in PA, why didn't you order (or future order) from Chapman? Excellent reputation, below invoice.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Also just checked my dashboard for my Ford account and noticed my Mav order is no longer there - it was a few weeks ago and I double checked to make sure it was properly COVP'D. Not sure what that means if anything? Maybe just a glitch?

• Sad
Reactions: GRB

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well - Totally sucks about your order..... and mine and thousands of other folks .... Plenty of blame to go around tho - No third shift increase in production as claimed by Ford.

Then, In Tim's Video -( start watching at 1:18:20 ) " This is the first time in any model that they gave you your number a year in advance of what you were going to get for the whole year with no exclusions... I guess "

So indeed Long Mcarthur had a allocation number a year ago which he said they didnt like and took far more orders than the number Ford gave them thinking the number would change and increase and Ford came back and said - no we told you what you were going to get. Sounds like a mistake on the dealership as well if Ford gave them the number originally promised. Now I really like Tim however they clearly made a mistake taking that many orders which is pretty evident in the video.

Now the argument - If Ford makes this basically a custom order why would allocations matter at all because it should be by order date - yeah Im in that camp. Also Ford manipulates the numbers by profit otherwise every truck would be and XL because they have put the XL as a "restrained item" even tho it takes the fewest parts....

The realization of hey...... Im not going to get a truck for 2023 is slowly coming more clear for many.

Man that sucks from Tim side I see it I’m selling lots mavericks why wouldn’t you want to give me more. Ford said no more . I’m guessing they are close to production year cap?

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also just checked my dashboard for my Ford account and noticed my Mav order is no longer there - it was a few weeks ago and I double checked to make sure it was properly COVP'D. Not sure what that means if anything? Maybe just a glitch?
Is your dealer Arthur?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watched Tim's Livestream and this is what I got out of it:

The allocation system is different for only one Ford vehicle and that is the Maverick.

The allocation system for the Maverick was only disclosed after the MY23 order banks closed.

When it was disclosed it stated what allocations would be for each dealership for the entire year.

Last year when those yearly allocation numbers were disclosed for various dealerships many were shocked about the low number for the mega dealerships

The yearly allocation number for the Maverick for each dealership was based on historical number of previous sales:

28% on Escape Sales
28% on Ranger Sales
14% on Bronko Sport Sales
30% on Maverick Sales

LM accounts for 75% of all Maverick sales in the region so all the other dealerships in the region suffered as they only got the remaining 25%.

Dallas is in the LM region.

With zero allocations for LM probably for the rest of the model year means that the other dealerships in the region have a good chance that their orders will be scheduled.

My dealer just informed me yesterday the my order for the first time is being previewed.

My belief is that it only happened because LM was not sucking up all the allocations for the entire region.

In 2021 when mega dealerships were promoting $3000 under invoice pricing they did so because they thought they could game the allocation system by juicing Maverick sales to get more allocations in future model years.

Ford saw this and adjusted the allocations to allow smaller/other dealerships a chance to have their orders built.

I know LM wasn't one of those who tried to game the system they just got caught in the crossfire.

Last edited:

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they get any 2023 orders fulfilled? Or just rollovers?

Grayaxe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is your dealer Arthur?
I believe it would be Bill Brown in Livonia. Last I checked it was the biggest dealer the last couple years...

I ordered mine from there and so far nothing, but I wasn't a roll over and ordered an XL hybrid so I lost hope back in Oct lol. I did check with Ford chat yesterday and they said my order is still processing, and is unscheduled/clean. So at least it wasn't canceled, which shows the covp was done correctly.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hearing Tim state that their markup on Maverick is $500-$700 and their suspicion on how dealerships could game the system. I always wondered how some could afford offering thousands under invoice. Now, I understand. Very sad for LM. But I'm very glad I stuck with my rollover order at my small dealership for MY23.
Sponsored