First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it would be Bill Brown in Livonia. Last I checked it was the biggest dealer the last couple years...

I ordered mine from there and so far nothing, but I wasn't a roll over and ordered an XL hybrid so I lost hope back in Oct lol. I did check with Ford chat yesterday and they said my order is still processing, and is unscheduled/clean. So at least it wasn't canceled, which shows the covp was done correctly.
Not necessarily. If the COVP was bad, Ford didn't cancel the order but just switched the priority code to 99. Ask Ford chat what your priority code is now. It can still be "unscheduled/clean" at priority 99.
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not necessarily. If the COVP was bad, Ford didn't cancel the order but just switched the priority code to 99. Ask Ford chat what your priority code is now. It can still be "unscheduled/clean" at priority 99.
Not my understanding. Tim spoke to this and apparently their was a cut off date that the dealer had to straighten it out but it sounds like that date just passed and the 99's were cancelled. Call and check but that is what I understood listening to Tim

Last edited:

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Watched Tim's Livestream and this is what I got out of it:

The allocation system is different for only one Ford vehicle and that is the Maverick.

The allocation system for the Maverick was only disclosed after the MY23 order banks closed.

When it was disclosed it stated what allocations would be for each dealership for the entire year.

Last year when those yearly allocation numbers were disclosed for various dealerships many were shocked about the low number for the mega dealerships

The yearly allocation number for the Maverick for each dealership was based on historical number of previous sales:

28% on Escape Sales
28% on Ranger Sales
14% on Bronko Sport Sales
30% on Maverick Sales

LM accounts for 75% of all Maverick sales in the region so all the other dealerships in the region suffered as they only got the remaining 25%.

Dallas is in the LM region.

With zero allocations for LM probably for the rest of the model year means that the other dealerships in the region have a good chance that their orders will be scheduled.

My dealer just informed me yesterday the my order for the first time is being previewed.

My belief is that it only happened because LM was not sucking up all the allocations for the entire region.

In 2021 when mega dealerships were promoting $3000 under invoice pricing they did so because they thought they could game the allocation system by juicing Maverick sales to get more allocations in future model years.

Ford saw this and adjusted the allocations to allow smaller/other dealerships a chance to have their orders built.

I know LM wasn't one of those who tried to game the system they just got caught in the crossfire.
Wouldn't disagree with anything you said but what I would say is that the allocation system is total bull s$#_. If Ford is making all orders custom orders without stock for dealerships - Why should it matter what dealership you order from ?
Sorry assumed you have tuned into his weekly podcast. Tim has kept everyone updated on the allocation fiasco. He has indicated not all my23 orders will be scheduled and would need to be reordered for my24. That was my point.
Sorry wasn't aware I needed to tune into his weekly podcast since I ordered a truck from them and haven't heard anything since ordering. I wasn't aware that I needed to tune into a podcast to find out the status of my non-existent non-delivered non-scheduled order which evidently could be rolled over to a 2024 at a higher cost did I get that right ?

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you are in PA, why didn't you order (or future order) from Chapman? Excellent reputation, below invoice.

Because they didnt take my order. They already had to many and declined me

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Not my understanding. Tim spoke to this and apparently their was a cut off date that the dealer had to straighten it out but it sounds like that date just passed and the 99's were cancelled. Call and check but that is what I understood listening to Tim
Ford has not canceled these 99s yet. At this point if your a 99 there isn't anything you can do. Ford has already documented that they were orders that need canceled. There were many that had a verified COVP with the incorrect body code. If the customer changed the body code the dealer was supposed to redo the COVP. We almost lost 10 orders because we didn't do this until the days right before the deadline.

Sponsored

Sleddog

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick - ordered and VIN
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LM's high volume can only happen if Ford supplies them the vehicles. Maybe they were getting priority because of their base vehicle volume and other dealers are begging for allotment? Maverick will sell FAST no matter where it is offered. I'll never understand how huge corporations make decisions. I hope.

captain02

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has not canceled these 99s yet. At this point if your a 99 there isn't anything you can do. Ford has already documented that they were orders that need canceled. There were many that had a verified COVP with the incorrect body code. If the customer changed the body code the dealer was supposed to redo the COVP. We almost lost 10 orders because we didn't do this until the days right before the deadline.
Thanks for the info. Called my dealer to check on May24. He told me COVP was done when ordered. I told him it needed new COVP because I changed to EB. He told me it was not required & there was no way to resubmit COVP. After a long conversation he agreed to look up my order. Later he said he was able to submit COVP again & next day got COVP approval. Order was scheduled Thursday!
Sponsored