First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this is something they can look into? This is my fear as well, that my original MY22 order wasn't placed properly and I've spent the better part of a year expecting (hoping) for something that was never coming.
I imagine they’ll look into it, but I recognize they can’t magically make my 2022 order (and price protection, Private offer) appear if the original dealer (Five Star Ford Dallas) was incompetent and hadn’t actually placed it the entire time. From what I’ve picked up watching Tim’s videos and talking with LM this week, the Private Offer and Price Protection have to be available options in one of the Ford systems in order for the Price Protection and Private Offer to be applied.

Here’s my cost of Ford’s incompetence:
-$2200 ($22195 ‘23 price vs 19995 ‘22 price from my DORA)
-$2750 (Private offer not received

I’ll be sure to update whatever ends up happening @dlorton0844, but I’m 99% sure we got screwed at least $5k by all this mess.
Sponsored

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S (Ordered a ‘23 Hybrid & Ecoboost)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just texted Darrin and he said my order was his last and he is finishing it right now lol

He also said that they been submitting order's since 1530 yesterday. The last count was 214 orders and still had more to go
I might have missed it, but which Darrin; S or L?

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Essentially the same order as mine. Let's see who "wins".
Lol I hope you do....but I'm thinking about switching the color to Atlas Blue instead of Cactus Grey

TBH I don't really care when I get it. Ideally it would be spring or summer of 2023. I still have my daily driver and it runs fine for being 22 years old haha

I ordered a Maverick to replace my Daily but I don't really "need" ASAP. So Ford can take there time lol

Also it let's me save up for a bigger down deposit :ROFLMAO:

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my confirmation last night. Have some work to do to figure out exactly what I want on the order but I know I’ve got time to figure that out.

Ford Maverick Long McArthur 2023 Orders Unite! D1442F25-58C8-42EE-A712-A9118F1819C3

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I “rolled” my 10/31/2022 XL hybrid order from Five Star Ford of Dallas to Long Mcarthur (LM) and got my order confirmation this morning with a Priority code 15.

Working with LM has been fantastic.

However, I say “rolled” in quotes because I was told there was no Private Offer or Price Protection available for my 2023 order by LM. It sounds like my old dealer may never have finalized my 2022 order?

What’s frustrating is I called, emailed, and texted my old dealer stating my specific concerns: no confirmation email, no contrains emails or updates, etc., and they always assured my my order was placed and visible in their system.

I figure being at the back of the line with LM and no price protection is at least better than sticking with the old dealer who clearly doesn’t know what they’re doing. Still, I’m out $3-4k because of mistakes from Ford Corporate and/or Five Star Ford of Dallas.

This seems like the right place to share my experience and situation. Hopefully it’s helpful to anyone reading.
Almost the exact same thing happened to me and my dealer. I’m doing LM this time too.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
I imagine they’ll look into it, but I recognize they can’t magically make my 2022 order (and price protection, Private offer) appear if the original dealer (Five Star Ford Dallas) was incompetent and hadn’t actually placed it the entire time.
I had a Lightning reservation from Five Star Lewisville and got very frustrated as well with their lack of knowledge. I transferred it to Bill Utter in Denton - there is a salesguy that returns calls and emails promptly and they are MSRP. Son bought a Mach-E there. Five Star only gave verbal MSRP and I heard they may try to add dealer options.

LM is definitely a lot more satisfying for type A's like myself!

Sponsored

HawaiiWarrior

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Lightning reservation from Five Star Lewisville and got very frustrated as well with their lack of knowledge. I transferred it to Bill Utter in Denton - there is a salesguy that returns calls and emails promptly and they are MSRP. Son bought a Mach-E there. Five Star only gave verbal MSRP and I heard they may try to add dealer options.

LM is definitely a lot more satisfying for type A's like myself!
Glad you found a good dealer not too far away! The Lightnings look so cool!

Now I’m torn between keeping my 2023 order that’s going to be $5k more or simply staying a single car household.
No other truck or car can compete even with the MPGs and price point, but I hate the idea of paying $5k more than I should to FoMoCo because they messed up my order, despite my repeated efforts to confirm :cautious:

Also, the fact that I had 0% chance of getting scheduled for the entire past year is so frustrating.

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well now that the ordering banks will close next week. And there will be NO price protection if your MY23 has to rollover to a MY24, I might get ahold of Darrin and ask him to drop the spray-in bedliner so I have a greater chance of getting built before MY24

Also did anyone sign any type of paperwork yet?

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S (Ordered a ‘23 Hybrid & Ecoboost)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well now that the ordering banks will close next week. And there will be NO price protection if your MY23 has to rollover to a MY24, I might get ahold of Darrin and ask him to drop the spray-in bedliner so I have a greater chance of getting built before MY24

Also did anyone sign any type of paperwork yet?
I would drop the bedliner. The dealership can do it for you when it comes in or there are a lot of aftermarket shops that do it. I realize it might cost more, but with it already being a constraint, I’d drop it. We want one too, but left it off our order for that very reason.

No paperwork yet either.

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would drop the bedliner. The dealership can do it for you when it comes in or there are a lot of aftermarket shops that do it. I realize it might cost more, but with it already being a constraint, I’d drop it. We want one too, but left it off our order for that very reason.

No paperwork yet either.
Yeah I will text him later to remove the SIBL. Would rather get a MY23 and pay a little more for a SIBL then get bumped to a MY24 and pay a couple thousand more

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I texted Darrin today and I'm guessing he is off the weekend (never texted back) so I guess I have to wait until Monday for him to drop the SIBL from my order
Sponsored