First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand the allocation system but it sucks for those of us at smaller dealerships maybe schedule smaller dealers one week and larger dealers the next week, I ordered in Nov. haven’t heard anything yet, and I’m cool with that. I believe everyone that ordered before me should get there truck first I’m in no hurry
Sponsored

Trippleplay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought you would find this data interesting, maybe just interesting to me but here it is.

We had 23 Mavericks schedule this month all were scheduled today. 19 hybrids, 4 ecoboosts.

Hybrid Orders
18 were Lariat, all had the Lariat Luxury (SIBL) with only 5 moonroof, 1 18" Wheels, and 1 Hard Rollup Cover. 14 were ordered in July, 4 in August (3rd, 5th, 14th, 18th).
1 was a Fleet XL with only the Full Size Spare Tire, order date 10/21.

Ecoboost Orders
2 were XLTs, 1 was ordered with Luxury Package (SIBL), FX4 Package, 4K Tow Package, 1 Sliding Rear Window, 1 Full Size Spare (7/13), 1 was ordered with 4K Tow Package, FX4 Package (12/29).
2 were Lariats, 1 was ordered as a 1 First Edition with 4k Tow Package (7/6), 1 was ordered with CP360 and optional SIBL (12/29).

I didn't include any DIO (Dealer Installed Options) equipment (none of those items are really delayed) but most orders didn't have any, there were only a handful that even had DIOs.

As you can see 0 with DIBL (Drop-in Bedliners). All were scheduled for week of 2/28.
Hey Tim, any idea why they only selected Hybrid Lariats with the luxury package? Did they pass over lariats without luxury package? I specifically switched from xlt with luxury package to a lariat without lux to help my chances (ie SIBL). Perhaps a bad idea?

Thanks!

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Hey Tim, any idea why they only selected Hybrid Lariats with the luxury package? Did they pass over lariats without luxury package? I specifically switched from xlt with luxury package to a lariat without lux to help my chances (ie SIBL). Perhaps a bad idea?

Thanks!
I think it's because they did have a material hold on brake boost, which is standard on all Lariat Luxury Package and maybe they received a big shipment.

Do you have your order with us? The reason I ask is because as of December 1 if you change your trim it resets your receipt (order) date to November 15.

Trippleplay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ask is because as of December 1 if you change your trim it resets your receipt (order) date to November 15.
No I wish I had ordered through you all :). I ordered originally on 7/28 and I changed the order on 10/5. At the time, I thought that might help it get built quicker because I was dropping the spray in bed liner. Oh well, I guess will just sit tight. Thanks for the info!

lanetang

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Lariat Diesel, 2012 Explorer Limited
I did not know about the allocation system, but my gut told me to go with a bigger dealer for a reservation. My gut was validated when I went to the small town local dealership in June and I knew more about the Maverick than they did. In fact, I’m the one who told them you could reserve a Maverick.
That’s when I drove over an hour to Raleigh, NC to make my reservation in an area where reservations are much more common.
I’m glad I did. I placed my order for a Hybrid Lariat Lux on July 1st and my build week is this week 1/17

Sponsored

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL started it's build on the 11th. I only found out today after phoning Ford of Canada. Super Thrilled!
Ordered when?

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford really wants to move to a custom ordering system they are going to need to do two things 1) revamp the allocation system and 2) make the entire process more apparent. Nobody will complain too seriously if their order gets passed over simply because they are parts constrained, but Ford needs to give a LOT more weight to the age of orders. The entire thing has to move from being dealer centric to buyer centric.

It's very difficult to move a multibillion dollar corporation into a new paradigm but they really have no choice. It's very feasible to do it but they have to be relentless in implementing it since that's where the market is going.
I keep thinking that the shipping aspect is driving some of this. Can't really build and ship the vehicles in chronological order. But grouping better than they do sure wouldn't hurt. There definitely needs to be more weight on June orders!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I keep thinking that the shipping aspect is driving some of this. Can't really build and ship the vehicles in chronological order. But grouping better than they do sure wouldn't hurt. There definitely needs to be more weight on June orders!
It's complicated and I can't claim to understand the issues they face, but more transparency would help.

kayakyakr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Damn, just placed an order... but didn't think about the allocation system. My dealer I ordered from is a smaller one. Although they have a cancelled Lariat, in transit, and a 5 deep waiting list for folks wanting to buy it for MSRP. So that's at least a bit of a good sign?
Sponsored