paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello folks. After seeing how popular the Chapman and Granger threads were for 2022, figured I would see if I could get a Long McArthur 2023 orders thread started so we can all commiserate while we wait! Feel free to post your order details here and maybe we can eventually do some data analytics like we saw happening with the threads dedicated to Chapman and Granger orders for 2022. @fordvideoguy does an excellent job at keeping us all informed via his weekly YouTube and Facebook streams, but I figured this could give us our "fix" between his episodes. Ha!

If you got "rolled" (term used loosely) from 2022, also welcome to join us! ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As of now (before order guides are published), this is my plan.

Drivetrain: AWD
Engine: EcoBoost
Trim: XL
Color: Cactus Grey
Options...
4K Tow Package. Or whatever they call their tow package for 2023.
“4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot Removal” if this remains selectable for 2023.

Keeping it fairly simple. Already cringing at my choice to not add CoPilot360, but I really want this truck before next July......

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I will either not get my current 2022 XLT order or if I do it will be compromised because I had to remove the Luxury Package to get it built I decided I would place a new 2023 order with Long McArthur. I did that because trust them to get the order right and I've seen how @fordvideoguy was proactive about making things happen for his customers. I also signed up for his members only group through Youtube so I could place the order directly with Tim.

My 2023 order that I sent him is currently:

Drivetrain: Hybrid
Trim: Lariat
Color: Velocity Blue (would switch to Eruption Green if available)
Options: Luxury Package + CoPilot 360 and Hotspot delete. Other options I will add at the dealership to avoid constraints.

I decided to switch to Lariat over my current XLT order to get adaptive cruise system plus the acoustic glass windscreen. I actually like the XLT interior better that the Lariat but I decided I can live with the Lariat scheme if it gets me those additional features. I will keep the truck 10+ years so the additional cost for the Lariat over the XLT is worth it.

My plan is that if I magically squeak in with a 2022 order I will take it, drive it while I wait and then trade it in or sell it when my Long McArthur order arrives.

If I don't get my 2022 built I will have to decide whether to roll over with my current dealer or just accept the longer wait for the Long McArthur order. As I don't have an absolute need for the truck ASAP I will probably elect to not roll over and just run the Long McArthur order and apply the private offer to that order. I would expect to wait another year before my 2023 order shows up.

Dawgonit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I will either not get my current 2022 XLT order or if I do it will be compromised because I had to remove the Luxury Package to get it built I decided I would place a new 2023 order with Long McArthur. I did that because trust them to get the order right and I've seen how @fordvideoguy was proactive about making things happen for his customers. I also signed up for his members only group through Youtube so I could place the order directly with Tim.

My 2023 order that I sent him is currently:

Drivetrain: Hybrid
Trim: Lariat
Color: Velocity Blue (would switch to Eruption Green if available)
Options: Luxury Package + CoPilot 360 and Hotspot delete. Other options I will add at the dealership to avoid constraints.

I decided to switch to Lariat over my current XLT order to get adaptive cruise system plus the acoustic glass windscreen. I actually like the XLT interior better that the Lariat but I decided I can live with the Lariat scheme if it gets me those additional features. I will keep the truck 10+ years so the additional cost for the Lariat over the XLT is worth it.

My plan is that if I magically squeak in with a 2022 order I will take it, drive it while I wait and then trade it in or sell it when my Long McArthur order arrives.

If I don't get my 2022 built I will have to decide whether to roll over with my current dealer or just accept the longer wait for the Long McArthur order. As I don't have an absolute need for the truck ASAP I will probably elect to not roll over and just run the Long McArthur order and apply the private offer to that order. I would expect to wait another year before my 2023 order shows up.
Sorry to tell you but velocity blue is gone. There is a thread with the colors for my23 started today.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to tell you but velocity blue is gone. There is a thread with the colors for my23 started today.
I've seen that rumored but nothing confirmed officially yet. But yeah, I'm expecting that blue will go. It was my wife's first choice so I've already been preparing her for disappointment.

UPDATE- found the thread- darn, no green either. :mad:

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many more orders Long McArthur will get for MY2023 now that Tim has clearly boosted their dealership with his weekly YouTube videos.

For those just now, or recently, hearing about the Maverick and looking to research the truck will more than likely go to YouTube and Tim will be atop of the page for searches.

If Ford still uses allocations, though they say it’s not the main factor, the mass orders at Long McArthur may slow the rollout even for those ordering day 1.

MY2023 will be interesting see especially since Lux and CP360 will still be constrained and most likely wildly popular too.

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many more orders Long McArthur will get for MY2023 now that Tim has clearly boosted their dealership with his weekly YouTube videos.
I hope a lot. He deserves the credit for the massive amount of work he is doing. I am sure the per unit $$ margin is small, but he is offering MSRP and the set dealer fee of $499 (or $500, seen it said both ways). So there is a bit of $$ in it for them. And they deserve every cent/every order they can get if you ask me.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope a lot. He deserves the credit for the massive amount of work he is doing. I am sure the per unit $$ margin is small, but he is offering MSRP and the set dealer fee of $499 (or $500, seen it said both ways). So there is a bit of $$ in it for them. And they deserve every cent/every order they can get if you ask me.
I 100% agree with you. Tim has done more for the community than any other dealership in my opinion. I may be biased though as my Mav order is with Long McArthur. And thank god, so many horror stories about shady dealers.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is a good thread but a bit premature. I plan to place a MY23 Maverick order with Tim on Aug. 2, but until it's in, it ain't in.

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a good thread but a bit premature. I plan to place a MY23 Maverick order with Tim on Aug. 2, but until it's in, it ain't in.
Hope springs eternal for a 2022, but I have already mentally moved on to 2023 at this point.

Probably could have waited until 8/2 to make this thread, but felt we might as well get the party started now since some of us have already sent in what we want on our 2023 and have been told it will be put in when things open. Nothing much left to do other than sign the order for ROVP and then sit back and wait/complain for 3-18 months. Haha. :)

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hope springs eternal for a 2022, but I have already mentally moved on to 2023 at this point.

Probably could have waited until 8/2 to make this thread, but felt we might as well get the party started now since some of us have already sent in what we want on our 2023 and have been told it will be put in when things open. Nothing much left to do other than sign the order for ROVP and then sit back and wait/complain for 3-18 months. Haha. :)
Yeah I've already sent Tim my build and drivers license...

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is good to figure out what you want to do in advance. That way you can collect relevant data from the onset and avoid incomplete datasets. The Chapman threads grew organically over time. As a result, they have gaps in the data that could have been (perhaps) filled if collected earlier on.

We have two primary data sets. @theway-yay-ting maintains a list of allocation history and units remaining unscheduled (here). Chapman has graciously provided the raw data (as Tim does for L-M). The other table (here) is orders by trim over time; scheduled or unscheduled. This is user contributed and collated. It is worth a shout out to @JBnorthTX as he started a lot of this with his compilation of the old Thursdays scheduling threads back in January/February.

There is massive data in the forum's order tracker spreadsheet. However, there is about 10% errant and duplicate entries. It is good for order history, trim and option selection. However it is poor and scheduled dates or build related info. Perhaps @Administrator could fix the date sorting on the graphs so it displays reasonably.

xbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion xB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 new order, not a rollover

Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Hybrid
Trim: XLT
Color: Iconic silver
Options...
Trailer hitch
110 outlet
“4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot Removal”
if this remains selectable for 2023.

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 new order, not a rollover

Drivetrain: FWD
Engine: Hybrid
Trim: XLT
Color: Iconic silver
Options...
Trailer hitch
110 outlet
“4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot Removal”
if this remains selectable for 2023.
Planning on having them ship it to Hawaii? Or doing a long and wet road trip ;)
Sponsored