Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How often are you standing behind your truck far enough to look at the license plate, say "I don't like the symmetry" and spend your time worrying about it?
Sponsored

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The nice thing, now that there are getting to be more Mavericks on the road, is that when you meet one in traffic, and didn't notice it coming at you, you can just look in your rear view mirror and see the offset license plate and know that it was a Maverick and not a Ranger.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How often are you standing behind your truck far enough to look at the license plate, say "I don't like the symmetry" and spend your time worrying about it?
Took the words outta my mouth. Never notice the plate unless walking up to it from behind. It is different at first, but grew on me and it’s actually pretty cool.

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The offset location of the license plate may take some getting used to. Of all the styling cues on the Maverick, this is the one thing that makes me scratch my head. There were flip down license plates 50 years ago to hide gas caps and they could have done the same here to cover the receiver. But for some reason, they chose to accentuate the receiver and move the plate to the side. Almost like that Nissan Cube with the asymmetrical window arrangement, I don’t hate it but it could have been executed differently. Anyone else have thoughts around it?

9:10 / 9:50

Plate Blocked by Hitch Not Good Basis for Stop
a law case in Iowa due to the ball blocking the numbers on the plate, Judges said the defendant was not in violation. same for pulling trailers, hitch bike racks, and handicap carriers. Its always something. I wonder if this is why the Maverick went with "off center"

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A flip down plate for the receiver? How would that work when towing? A gas cap is one thing because you don’t need to access it while in motion.
It would not, there is a US government regulation on the license plate's angle while the vehicle is being operated. Plates must remain approximately vertical.

Maverick's plate location was chosen to be offset so as to not impact either the low height of the bed floor, nor the position of the trailer hitch.
Sponsored