Sponsored

Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures!

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2,000 miles over mountain grades, gas stations, construction zones and a few gravel roads. Nothing scraped.
That's awesome!!!! This really puts me at ease as I was planning on hauling bikes in the bed and getting a pop up but wasn't sure it would work. If a deal comes up for a converted enclosed moto hauler I may jump on it but atleast I have options now! Thanks again man! What a niche and clutch save lol
Sponsored

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My V-Strom 1000XT is a tad over 61 inches wheel base, so should make it. I look forward to giving it a whirl when MY23 arrives.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also need to be able to haul a snowmobile and maybe my lawn tractor. I just bought this to give myself some options... it's a Mission 2.0 5' x 10' utility trailer.

No more worries about whether or not the Ducati will fit in the back of the Maverick!

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! IMG_0538.JPG

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also need to be able to haul a snowmobile and maybe my lawn tractor. I just bought this to give myself some options... it's a Mission 2.0 5' x 10' utility trailer.

No more worries about whether or not the Ducati will fit in the back of the Maverick!

IMG_0538.JPG
that aluminum trailer is a BEAUTY! That is the way to go...light, no rust, and will hold its value.

Sponsored

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine is too big to fit in a six foot bed, much less my anticipated Mavericks’.
Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! 756BAE16-FD0E-4C5C-9FB1-B18F2F39EF51

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that aluminum trailer is a BEAUTY! That is the way to go...light, no rust, and will hold its value.
Thanks. I've ordered a bunch of goodies so I can put diamond plate aluminum across the front as a salt/gravel/spray shield and some specialty items to attach to the deck and tailgate/ramp to make it suitable for the snowmobile (and protect the trailer from its studded track).

The clamshell snowmobile trailer in the background isn't mine; it's a loaner from a friend. I really needed something that was affordable but would haul any of the stuff I need to move around. This one should work well.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine too...that's why I have this 6x12 enclosed...maxing out at towing with the hybrid with 1 bike.

20220619_120253.jpg
That's the kind of trailer I wish my budget would cover! Sweet.

Looking at the photo makes me realize something: because of the trailer jack (mine's non-folding; mounted in the "V" just behind the hitch), it looks like I won't be able to open the Maverick's tailgate while the trailer is attached.
😕

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All my bikes are too big to fit...trying to find out what motorcycle will fit in the bed of the maverick...I will pick up a smaller bike, maybe KLR650...? if it will fit for some time in Florida and boondoggles... I would like it straight in with tailgate down...That indian scout is maxed out, too maxed for me...would like something a little lighter/shorter. Currently have hogs, 2005 CVO electra glide, heritage springer, FLH. Sold my KLR650 last year...that may have been an option.
thanks!
PS...I don't really want to trailer...I have the hybrid coming, only 2k towing...I do have an enclosed 6x12 single axle, but that would strain it....I also have a single AND a double kendon trailer, but again, would rather just have something fit in the bed of the maverick.

bikes72flhCVO.jpg
I had one of these Aluma MC 10 trailers. Weighed 390#. I put lower profile tires on it to lower the load angle. Pulled it with an HHR with a 1,000 tow rating. I hauled many bikes on it.
Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! 363
It did great.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got the mav Tuesday and was eager to play around with bike fitting. One bike, angled, with the tailgate hooked to the top pins.

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! PiLYhSM

And 2 bikes, wheels out. Might work better with the wheels against each other, but I like how the fender wells go all the way to the front and can be used like a wheel chock.

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! 1kGzUsd
Sponsored