Sponsored

Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures!

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All my bikes are too big to fit...trying to find out what motorcycle will fit in the bed of the maverick...I will pick up a smaller bike, maybe KLR650...? if it will fit for some time in Florida and boondoggles... I would like it straight in with tailgate down...That indian scout is maxed out, too maxed for me...would like something a little lighter/shorter. Currently have hogs, 2005 CVO electra glide, heritage springer, FLH. Sold my KLR650 last year...that may have been an option.
thanks!
PS...I don't really want to trailer...I have the hybrid coming, only 2k towing...I do have an enclosed 6x12 single axle, but that would strain it....I also have a single AND a double kendon trailer, but again, would rather just have something fit in the bed of the maverick.

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! bikes72flhCVO
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
What are the measurements of your big bikes? Front tire where it would hit the back of the bed measured to the middle of the rear axle(rear tire contact patch). Bed length with tailgate down is 79 inches. Both my Yamaha Fj-09 and KTM 690 Enduro should fit straight on.
Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! 20210914_113813

More w/Les

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, CB500X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You might want to check out this thread:
My real truck can haul my motorcycles w/ help of custom metal tailgate support and level struts
BILLNOROVILLE Start date
Jan 21, 2022 Watchers

My CB500X loaded while in the hardware prototyping stage.
Forward mounted wheel chock/winch mount was the only part that could be used from the kit I had made up for my Honda Ridgeline, and it had to be heavily modified, all of the rear loading hardware had to be recreated to fit the Mav.
Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! P1

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! P2

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! P3

Here are 3 photos of how it looked on the Ridgeline.
Have the ramps, load spreader and hitch mount, used on the Honda, for sale.
Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! IMG_1758

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! IMG_1766_edit

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! 11 IMG_1810*

Sponsored

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it worked. Could've used a wheel chock, though.

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! 20220425_162518

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it worked. Could've used a wheel chock, though.

20220425_162518.jpg
Live wire? Rode one in Daytona....very quick. Love electric, but not enough range for me.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hauled this one all the way from Edmonton. Still managed better highway fuel economy than what's on the window sticker.

Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! 20220429_200507

Live wire? Rode one in Daytona....very quick. Love electric, but not enough range for me.
I don't mind the range on it. I've got exactly one gas bike that can do better for range, everything else gets less than/equal to 200 km. I've also never had a cruiser, but I like my bikes small.

What I don't like is that the on-board charger takes 12 hours and then Harley tells you to avoid the 1 hour quick charge capability if you want to ever use your warranty.

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick; shadow 750
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally brought mine home just a couple days ago after 6 months in the shop. I mean it's not fixed like they
Ford Maverick Lets see those motorcycles/scooters in the bed pictures! IMG_20220521_152940
said it was but at least I got to put it in the new truck haha
I didn't think to take a picture from the back though, I don't know if it was my imagination but it didn't seem like the tailgate was too happy

Sponsored

fordluvr44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might want to check out this thread:
My real truck can haul my motorcycles w/ help of custom metal tailgate support and level struts
BILLNOROVILLE Start date
Jan 21, 2022 Watchers

My CB500X loaded while in the hardware prototyping stage.
Forward mounted wheel chock/winch mount was the only part that could be used from the kit I had made up for my Honda Ridgeline, and it had to be heavily modified, all of the rear loading hardware had to be recreated to fit the Mav.
P1.jpeg

P2.jpeg

P3.jpeg

Here are 3 photos of how it looked on the Ridgeline.
Have the ramps, load spreader and hitch mount, used on the Honda, for sale.
IMG_1758.jpeg

IMG_1766_edit.jpeg

11 IMG_1810*.jpeg
What do you mean load spreader? Got any more pictures?

More w/Les

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, CB500X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
fordluvr44 the ‘load spreader plate’ takes the bike load off of the tailgate and transfers it to the truck bed and trailer hitch. You probably won’t have a problem when the truck is not moving, but the rough condition of roads today concerned me with the jouncing load the tailgate would be subjected to while underway. Had the same worries with the Ridgeline, so developed this concept to transfer the load. This is especially true with both of these vehicles as, due to the short beds, the rear tire sits on the tailgate when loaded.

You might want to check page #5 for my post of 02/25/2022, on this thread, for more photos of the development of my loading hardware for the Maverick. There are photos of the completed package for my 2017 Honda Ridgeline and the progress, at that point, of the Maverick hardware.

Attached is a .pdf document with some additional photos taken during the development process. One of the issues using this method is that it allows you to deal with the ‘drooping tailgate problem with the spreader plate hight, and not the tailgate mounting hardware.

Have completed the Maverick package and can load the bike on the truck with the Ford HARD ROLL UP TONNEAU BED COVER in place. This makes it nice as all of the loading hardware and ramps can be stored in the bed when the bike is unloaded, and the cover and tailgate closed. This was important to me as the Maverick does not have as much secure storage space available on the Ridgeline.

Attachments

Reactions: fmt

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is a very cool idea. I like how you spread the weight on to the hitch.

First Name
roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 xl
Great info. How did you mount the winch? I have been imagining a Harbor Freight winch with some soft ties.
Sponsored