Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A magnet for being pulled over.
Worse than throwing empties out your window as you drive.
So, how many times have you been pulled over since you posted yesterday?
LOL passed by the police couple times, but I guess they were okay with it 😂

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our vehicle laws need to be updated, or completely thrown out in some cases. If someone was trying to inpersonate a cop with flashing red and blue roof lights, that would be one thing, but banning those color of lights outright is a little ridiculous imo. Pretty sure if someone is unhinged enough to want to pretend to be a cop for nefarious purposes, laws like these won't stop them in the slightest.
You get a ticket then explain your case in court. I got no time for such. Better stay on the side of the laws even if they are stupid.

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well the new EVs have that white light bar right across the front.
But blue yeah that’s a no no around here.
I might do white.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh man... gotta figure out a way to get through the firewall. That is seriously ghetto going around the door like that.

Not a good idea.

HolyCarp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray XLT Eco AWD FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

not in Texas, red is the only no no for solid colors from the front. Blue is fine as long as it’s solid/not alternating.
Did that change recently? I thought red or blue showing in the front was only for emergency vehicles.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did that change recently? I thought red or blue showing in the front was only for emergency vehicles.

Not as far as I could tell when I was adding LEDS to mine.

Code specifically states red only on the rear unless a signal, then it can be amber or yellow, no red on the front period, and no flashing/alternating/etc red white or blue at all.

I spent time because I added the sequential turn signal strip + white, and then running board LED turn signal indicators, it looks great, you can see it in the other thread.

Now other states, who knows but not my problem. Adding disconnects eventually to everything so I can unplug for any dealer visit if needed and if traveling I can unplug any as we'll just gonna be tedious and I have been lazy, everything is soldered and heatshrinked in place right now other than the headlight plug adapters, so I can remove them ALL except the running boards amber running light just by removing the adapters, that would take a fuse pull. .
Sponsored