AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Crazy to me that they ship them via rail….probably the cheapest route but I just never saw a rail car carrying cars…just doesn’t seem to happen on the east coast.
I grew up next to the main train line between Chicago and Omaha, and then to the original transcontinental tracks from omaha to the west coast. Now I live in another town next to the same tracks

It used to be the Chicago and northwestern. Now it's owned by union pacific.

I don't recall the exact number but it's somewhere between 75 and 100 trains a day. I've seen full or empty car carriers pretty much everyday since the 1970s.

Have you seen those pictures of new ford's in front of the rail car that has the big ford logo?

I have never seen one with ford, chevy,, dodge, or any other car company name painted on them.

They are totally enclosed these days. Back in the 1970s they were open, like the car transporter trucks. You could see the cars easy. Now it's hard to tell if they are loaded or empty.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I grew up next to the main train line between Chicago and Omaha, and then to the original transcontinental tracks from omaha to the west coast. Now I live in another town next to the same tracks

It used to be the Chicago and northwestern. Now it's owned by union pacific.

I don't recall the exact number but it's somewhere between 75 and 100 trains a day. I've seen full or empty car carriers pretty much everyday since the 1970s.

Have you seen those pictures of new ford's in front of the rail car that has the big ford logo?

I have never seen one with ford, chevy,, dodge, or any other car company name painted on them.

They are totally enclosed these days. Back in the 1970s they were open, like the car transporter trucks. You could see the cars easy. Now it's hard to tell if they are loaded or empty.
yeah the open ones were tempting targets for rocks

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
[/QUOTE]

Yes they were!!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can we find out the highest ViN? Or just the highest ViN voluntarily shared on this site?

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just received word that my maverick XLT was built on November 17 th. Must be one of the last 22 s built!
should be at my dealer right before X mas….nice present for myself! Can’t wait…ordered on January 26th…
Velocity Blue with 4K, 360, Lux package….can’t wait….hope all the manufacturing kinks are all worked out by now..
Happy holidays to all of the first year Mav owners….
I waited 13 months. Like everyone says,,, your going to LOVE it!!!

Sponsored

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can we find out the highest ViN? Or just the highest ViN voluntarily shared on this site?
wont be accurate they were issuing dealer stock over nrb11500 a while ago and its not sequential anymore

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wont be accurate they were issuing dealer stock over nrb11500 a while ago and its not sequential anymore
Yep, and at least 6900 of the retail 22 VINs were canceled and moved to 23s.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, that's what the wikipedia says too. I "may" know some kids that used to plink 22s across a long valley at the boxcars........ :eek:
Sponsored