Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Model: Lariat Hybrid / Miles: 5500

Problem: Stopped on the street in front of my mailbox to get my mail. Truck was left in "D". After getting the mail, I depressed the gas pedal to turn into my driveway. Truck would not move. It felt like the wheels were spinning as if the truck was stuck - but the truck was on pavement - so it must have been the transmission slipping. Put it in ""R" - same issue. Tried "D" again - nothing. Put it in "R" and truck started to move backward. Put it in "D" and was able to drive into my driveway. I then got out and inspected the area on the road in front of my mailbox. There was red fluid (I assume transmission fluid) on the pavement in front of my mailbox.

I then drove to the dealer where I purchased the truck about 15 miles from my house and there were no other issues. Described the problem to the service tech and left the truck. They called the next day and said they test drove the truck with no issues. They could find no evidence of a fluid leak. They checked the transmission with the diagnostic computer and nothing showed up.

Has onyone experienced an issue like this? I am afraid the truck is going to leave me stranded somewhere.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Model: Lariat Hybrid / Miles: 5500

Problem: Stopped on the street in front of my mailbox to get my mail. Truck was left in "D". After getting the mail, I depressed the gas pedal to turn into my driveway. Truck would not move. It felt like the wheels were spinning as if the truck was stuck - but the truck was on pavement - so it must have been the transmission slipping. Put it in ""R" - same issue. Tried "D" again - nothing. Put it in "R" and truck started to move backward. Put it in "D" and was able to drive into my driveway. I then got out and inspected the area on the road in front of my mailbox. There was red fluid (I assume transmission fluid) on the pavement in front of my mailbox.

I then drove to the dealer where I purchased the truck about 15 miles from my house and there were no other issues. Described the problem to the service tech and left the truck. They called the next day and said they test drove the truck with no issues. They could find no evidence of a fluid leak. They checked the transmission with the diagnostic computer and nothing showed up.

Has onyone experienced an issue like this? I am afraid the truck is going to leave me stranded somewhere.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick transmission concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So you got out of your truck and left it in Drive? How is that possible without the truck rolling away?

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mrkosmoo2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Trim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aren't transmission systems closed? I'd would have to assume red fluid spewing out is not good.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Autohold.
Are you sure? I think I accidentally tried that one time with my Escape and it screamed bloody murder and put itself in park as soon as I left the seat.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you sure? I think I accidentally tried that one time with my Escape and it screamed bloody murder and put itself in park as soon as I left the seat.
The Mav does the same.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mav does the same.
Okay, good. I figured after the high profile incident of that Star Trek actor being run over by his own Jeep with the knob shifter that manufacturers would be a lot more cautious.

OP
OP

JerryWW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you got out of your truck and left it in Drive? How is that possible without the truck rolling away?
I never said I got out of the truck while it was in drive. I got out of the truck after it was parked in my driveway and I had shut off the truck.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it sounds like your autohold got confuse-ed and then ur truck got stuck.

morale of the story - dont use autohold.

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never said I got out of the truck while it was in drive. I got out of the truck after it was parked in my driveway and I had shut off the truck.
That is not what you wrote. " Problem: Stopped on the street in front of my mailbox to get my mail. Truck was left in "D".

Also you might want to remove your post with your VIN. I think they wanted you to Message that info to them.

OP
OP

JerryWW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. I was still in the truck when I retrieved the mail from the mailbox. Guess I should have clarified that.
2. There was no contact info (at least that I could see) in the post asking for the VIN and dealer.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You do not have have a traditional transmission per se - you have an eCVT transmission with motors, generators, staters....

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
1. I was still in the truck when I retrieved the mail from the mailbox. Guess I should have clarified that.
2. There was no contact info (at least that I could see) in the post asking for the VIN and dealer.
Good morning! Thank you for the reply. To send us a message, please visit our profile and select "start conversation".

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Go back and read what you posted.
" Problem: Stopped on the street in front of my mailbox to get my mail. Truck was left in "D". " After getting the mail, I depressed the gas pedal to turn into my driveway.

Normal people would take this as YOU got out of the truck and the mail, not anyone else.
Sponsored