14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! I can look into your Maverick's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Maverick's VIN?
Done! Thanks!
Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So to update this, my truck is in good working order now after I had a few things done:
  • Removed the K&N drop in air filter it had and re-installed the stock OEM air filter it left the factory with.
  • Drove it for 20 miles then unplugged the battery and let it sit for a few hours disconnected.
  • Went ahead and got an oil change and checkup at my local Ford dealer. The “works package”.
So far so good. It’s been driving locally and also on a 150 mile round trip, no issues since doing this. It was an immediate improvement going back to the stock air filter right away before even touching the battery so I suspect that part of the problem is without a tune, the extra airflow into the engine resulted in part throttle airflow issues causing clunkiness/jerkiness at low speeds and maybe even that shuddering I experienced one time leaving a stop light. Just more air being shoved into the engine than it expected at certain throttle positions I guess and that one day was in the upper 90s with the AC on max so possibly even it caused a lean condition to happen even with me running 93 octane too.. I figured because it was just a stock style drop in filter and warranty safe it wouldn’t cause issues to make that much of a difference in air flow being metered in but apparently that’s not the case. Never had a turbo engine before either until now also.

Not knocking K&N because they do make warranty safe products I had decent luck with in the past but I’m sticking to OEM air filters from now on with my Maverick. I’m just thrilled it’s back to normal for now and I’m hoping it stays that way for now on.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Check trans oil level. Mine was very low from factory, others reported the same. Ford is not the only mark with this problem, the root seems to be the trans units arrive at the assembly line pre-filled, this does not account for the cooler and lines. Allegedly Ford expects this level to be checked and adjusted during PDI, but with these newer non-dipstick units the dealers aren't allowed sufficient billable time under the PDI charge - so it often gets skipped.

It's silly that checking your trans fluid level is such a pain in the ass, but it is

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Follow-up….after having the shuddering issue for too long, one morning it was gone and gone forever. Turns out Ford electronically sent out revised transmission code and now the transmission shifts correctly in all modes.
Hopefully this will be everyone’s eventual experience. This change made a world of difference in the driving experience.

L1a1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-25O Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed the latest update from Ford after reading the previous post . I've driven about 250 miles in alot of stop/go traffic and the update seemingly has cured my rough shifting problem. If you have not loaded the latest update , it seems to be be the fix !
Sponsored