First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really. It's not exactly high strength structural steel. Besides, modern vehicle rollover ratings are already pretty high; 3x the vehicle weight for light duty vehicles <6k lbs.
Can't you tell hes jerkin you're chain the thing's useless
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious if they would figure out doing the roof bar and side rails/panels but not the bed rails. Looks like they do this for some other vehicles. Less expensive, and I'm not as interested in the tube rails over the bed rails. Would likely buy that setup, not sure I'd get this one though it's pretty cool.

Ghostrider72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the MX4 before the rack. I installed the rack to the truck then installed the MX4 over the rack mounting brackets. Everything is solid and I have been checking to make sure nothing is coming loose. The only problem is the gap, which I have ordered a weather strip to fill.

Is there a purpose for it? Not really. It does help to protect the bed rails which is a plus, and also offers mount points for lighting, which I plan to do at some point in the future. It can also be used to protect the cab/roof if you are transporting longer items that would need to be strapped down at an angle over the roof. In my opinion, it completes the side profile look of the Mav which I really like.

I would not rely on this for any type of rollover protection. If anything, this just adds more twisted metal to a rollover crash.

One thing to note is that if you have the sliding bed rail option, it will need to be removed. The mounting points for the bed rack use those threaded holes for installation.

I can post more pics if requested.
Love the look. I also have a tri fold cover. I can see why it wonā€™t fold all the way to the glass, but Iā€™m wondering if that final fold will come up at all. Even if itā€™s a few inches. Can you post a pic showing how far it will lift? Every inch counts ;)

thanks.

OP
OP
WhteRbtObj

WhteRbtObj

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the look. I also have a tri fold cover. I can see why it wonā€™t fold all the way to the glass, but Iā€™m wondering if that final fold will come up at all. Even if itā€™s a few inches. Can you post a pic showing how far it will lift? Every inch counts ;)

thanks.
Here are the pics for how it folds. 2 complete panel folds and the last one folds ~45 degrees or so until making contact with the bar.
Hope this helps

Ford Maverick Keko Sport Rack / BAKFlip MX4 Combo installed image_50444801.JPG
Ford Maverick Keko Sport Rack / BAKFlip MX4 Combo installed image_50428161.JPG

Ghostrider72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here are the pics for how it folds. 2 complete panel folds and the last one folds ~45 degrees or so until making contact with the bar.
Hope this helps

image_50444801.JPG
image_50428161.JPG
Awesome, thanks. Thatā€™s pretty much what I imagined. I have that same bed extender. I wasnā€™t very pleased with the spacing of the center posts. I evened up the innards so I could space them out about 2ft. Makes bringing crap home from Ikea easier šŸ˜†

Ford Maverick Keko Sport Rack / BAKFlip MX4 Combo installed A327EA3F-40CC-4459-B557-76D02F7A05F1

Ford Maverick Keko Sport Rack / BAKFlip MX4 Combo installed 24A2CDDE-F724-452A-894A-9B15FD086188

Sponsored

turinswift

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Atlas Blue Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope this helps

image_50444801.JPG
image_50428161.JPG
Is that hard tri-fold the factory one? Or like it enough? I have the hard tri-fold and I really like the silhouette/look this sportbar gives. I'm willing to work with the gap and a weather-strip like you did if I can get the Keko to fit!

OP
OP
WhteRbtObj

WhteRbtObj

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that hard tri-fold the factory one? Or like it enough? I have the hard tri-fold and I really like the silhouette/look this sportbar gives. I'm willing to work with the gap and a weather-strip like you did if I can get the Keko to fit!

I'm not sure if the one that I have is exactly like the factory tri-fold, but I would assume its similar. There are several different models that are nearly identical. The one I have is the Bakflip MX4. I've had it on with the Keko setup for a while now and everything is still snug even after a few long(ish) road trips.

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Their website says they have a retractable cover that works in conjunction. Curious what that install detail looks like. Assume you could do a similar install detail.

Actually I was looking for their retractable cover. Wouldn't mind seeing what it runs it could be a nice combo. Anyone see a link for it? A quick Google didn't turn up much but I didn't dig either.
I just saw this thread again, i made a short video of the retractable bed cover and sports bar:

Mavrilous

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick hybrid, Kia Seltos, 2009 Cr-v
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome, thanks. Thatā€™s pretty much what I imagined. I have that same bed extender. I wasnā€™t very pleased with the spacing of the center posts. I evened up the innards so I could space them out about 2ft. Makes bringing crap home from Ikea easier šŸ˜†

A327EA3F-40CC-4459-B557-76D02F7A05F1.jpeg

24A2CDDE-F724-452A-894A-9B15FD086188.jpeg
Oooh I see you mounted the rear dashcam on the spoiler, exactly what I want to do. Any input as to how the wiring went? Leaks? Looks great.
Sponsored