Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to seeing the first club member who posts a photo of their truck with the bar installed!
Pretty straightforward install, took under 45 minutes. Recommend having a 3/32 drill handy for pilot holes for the screws that secure the runner tubes to the front bar. Fits underneath the Ford hard trifold although you'll need to provide your own gasket material to fill the space between the brackets. It doesn't open all the way with the sports bar but if I need the tonneau fully out of the way it's easy enough to pop off.

Ford Maverick Keko Bed Rack / Chase Rack Available in September mavrack

Last edited:

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty straightforward install, took under 45 minutes. Recommend having a 3/32 drill handy for pilot holes for the screws that secure the runner tubes to the front bar. Fits underneath the Ford hard trifold although you'll need to provide your own gasket material to fill the space between the brackets. It doesn't open all the way with the sports bar but if I need the tonneau fully out of the way it's easy enough to pop off.

View attachment 74061
Man, that looks sharp! Can it be installed with just the rack; without the bars that extend to the end of the bed?

Also, was under the impression that it could only be installed with their brand tonneau. Cool that you found a fix with the gasket idea.

I wonder if I could find a workaround with my X15 tonneau as you did with your tri-fold.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, that looks sharp! Can it be installed with just the rack; without the bars that extend to the end of the bed?

Also, was under the impression that it could only be installed with their brand tonneau. Cool that you found a fix with the gasket idea.

I wonder if I could find a workaround with my X15 tonneau as you did with your tri-fold.

Using it without the runners would just be a matter of taking the plastic caps off the end of them and plugging them into the main bar directly. Keko even markets them as removable in the product details.

I think most tonneaus should work as long as the bed-side channel is an inverted-L shape (or otherwise can sit ~1/8" higher) and has some allowance for the reduced width. Same principle as the Elevate TS rails, really. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is with the brackets for compatibility with their tonneau other than possibly because it's retractable so would have the housing box where the front bar mounts.

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Using it without the runners would just be a matter of taking the plastic caps off the end of them and plugging them into the main bar directly. Keko even markets them as removable in the product details.

I think most tonneaus should work as long as the bed-side channel is an inverted-L shape (or otherwise can sit ~1/8" higher) and has some allowance for the reduced width. Same principle as the Elevate TS rails, really. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is with the brackets for compatibility with their tonneau other than possibly because it's retractable so would have the housing box where the front bar mounts.
Thank you for the photo and for responding. Did you also buy the "sports bar bracket for retractable truck bed cover" on their website?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the photo and for responding. Did you also buy the "sports bar bracket for retractable truck bed cover" on their website?
No, just the regular sports bar kit. There's nothing even in diagram that shows what the compatibility kit entails so I didn't see spending the extra $60 for parts that I might not (and in practice didn't) need.

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, just the regular sports bar kit. There's nothing even in diagram that shows what the compatibility kit entails so I didn't see spending the extra $60 for parts that I might not (and in practice didn't) need.
Copy that. Thanks again!

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs