15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

EclipseJTB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux (built, awaiting shipment)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's my dealership! Glad to hear I can likely expect a hassle-free experience. I hope they're still that way when mine comes in!

Sponsored

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Wait if no lux package isn't that marked up? Or did he have some other add-ons that he didn't tell us about? Or is taxes really high in that state?

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The finance guy found us another $150 rebate to finance with Bank of America for 60-months; we'll be nice and make 6 payments before paying it off. Ideally we would have done 0% for 36 months, but it's pretty much a wash.
Right!

I tell Finance upfront that I can pay in cash, so what deal do they want to make?

Wait if no lux package isn't that marked up? Or did he have some other add-ons that he didn't tell us about? Or is taxes really high in that state?
Not really.

Summer '21 MSRP for Hybrid XLT = $22,280. Dest & Delivery = $1,495. Assuming Utah tax of 6.85% = $25,404.

Probably some doc fees too to get that OTD price -- $600 is not far off. But I know some folks here are penny pinchers who go down to the cent :)

OP
OP

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really.

Summer '21 MSRP for Hybrid XLT = $22,280. Dest & Delivery = $1,495. Assuming Utah tax of 6.85% = $25,404.

Probably some doc fees too to get that OTD price -- $600 is not far off. But I know some folks here are penny pinchers who go down to the cent :)
[/QUOTE]

Price protected MSRP (with destination) was $24,370 (plus spray-in and hitch). Minus $650 for Farm Bureau and financing rebates. Add on tax, title, license, and doc fee and the math is pretty clear that there was no markup.

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have heated seats and steering wheel on our other car and literally never use it. Nothing in the lux package that had value for us.
Gotcha - I had to have all the LUX goodies on the Lariat, brought more wallet -)

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our truck was scheduled to be delivered between 19th and 25th, but I hadn't received any notification from the dealership so we decided to head there today (pretty much because we didn't have afternoon plans) to see if we could get an OTD price and possibly start discussing $. They were literally dropping off a truck full of Mavericks as we were pulling up, one of which looked just like ours. We hailed down the young man who helped us place our order and he confirmed it was ours. We were in-and-out in just over an hour, which included waiting to get the car washed and detailed.

Cesar at American Fork Ken Garff Ford was awesome and the financing guy didn't play any games. They honored MSRP, Farm Bureau rebate, price protection, zero hidden fees, and didn't hassle us about any add-ons. They were not going to honor Ford financing rates from when we ordered in June, which I expected would not stack with the other rebates, so I was going to pay cash. The finance guy found us another $150 rebate to finance with Bank of America for 60-months; we'll be nice and make 6 payments before paying it off. Ideally we would have done 0% for 36 months, but it's pretty much a wash.

I was not looking forward to the process after hearing so many horror stories here, but by far the most pleasant and quickest car-buying experience I've ever had.

Hybrid XLT, area 51, with spray-in bedliner and hitch. $26,070 OUT THE DOOR.
Nice - Another Utah Maverick -)

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Our truck was scheduled to be delivered between 19th and 25th, but I hadn't received any notification from the dealership so we decided to head there today (pretty much because we didn't have afternoon plans) to see if we could get an OTD price and possibly start discussing $. They were literally dropping off a truck full of Mavericks as we were pulling up, one of which looked just like ours. We hailed down the young man who helped us place our order and he confirmed it was ours. We were in-and-out in just over an hour, which included waiting to get the car washed and detailed.

Cesar at American Fork Ken Garff Ford was awesome and the financing guy didn't play any games. They honored MSRP, Farm Bureau rebate, price protection, zero hidden fees, and didn't hassle us about any add-ons. They were not going to honor Ford financing rates from when we ordered in June, which I expected would not stack with the other rebates, so I was going to pay cash. The finance guy found us another $150 rebate to finance with Bank of America for 60-months; we'll be nice and make 6 payments before paying it off. Ideally we would have done 0% for 36 months, but it's pretty much a wash.

I was not looking forward to the process after hearing so many horror stories here, but by far the most pleasant and quickest car-buying experience I've ever had.

Hybrid XLT, area 51, with spray-in bedliner and hitch. $26,070 OUT THE DOOR.
I'll give you $27k for it. Won't be able to pick it up till tomorrow.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We have heated seats and steering wheel on our other car and literally never use it. Nothing in the lux package that had value for us.
Ya know. That's what I thought till I got it. Up here in the frozen north it niiiiice.

OP
OP

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya know. That's what I thought till I got it. Up here in the frozen north it niiiiice.
We're in the mountains of Utah, it snows ~6 months a year. We got heated everything on our last car thinking it would be great in the winter, but we literally never use it and it's just something else to break.
Sponsored