Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm in southern Arizona. I will be ordering from Horne Ford in Nogales Arizona (about 2 miles from the USA/Mexico border) the morning the order banks open (which tentatively appears to be July 17th). I hope they have a good number of allotments and are as straight up as they appear. They were willing to sell without dealer adders and agreed to lock in the price... just couldn't get the order in before the banks closed that fateful day.

I've heard nothing positive about Tucson dealerships. I did not have a positive experience attempting to order from the dealership you named, nor the local one here in Green Valley, as they had expensive required dealer adders and wouldn't agree to locking in the sale price at order (so I walked-moral victory-but no maverick order).

I'm wondering if I should also look into driving over to Sierra Vista to see how they are..
Sponsored

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" Mr. ######, we got a Maverick Hybrid XLT in in cactus grey, and we knew you wanted one and wanted to know if youd like to stop by to check it out"

Me "Definitely. How much is it?"

Hesitation on the line "Its 39,999"

Me "thats over 15 grand more than the XL I have on order"

"We know sir...."

Me "Sorry, would love it...but I have to pass"

Been waiting since last year. I feel like the smartest idiot right now. I feel like I had a golden opportunity but at the same time I just can't justify 40 freakin grand on a goddamn xlt.

Couple that with the fact that price jump would obliterate my profit margin on the vehicle im selling.

I almost wish I wasn't even called. This one hurts.
He should go on a Honeymoon alone

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always wonder what would happen if you go for a test drive and crash it. Or hell, even scratch it. I mean, they never make you sign any agreement of any sort whatsoever for a test drive.

I think it would be hard to walk away scott-free but I mean, if legally challenged, you didn't agree to pay for any damages. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I remember a thread on here that someone (they had pics also) that when they went to pick up their maverick they ordered came in.. The dealership installed extras they didn't ask for or agree to.. I can't remember the extra total they said it was... When they said they didn't want them on the truck they told them if u want the truck u have to pay for it and they the dealership can add anything they want to the truck cuz u till they purchase it that it belongs to the dealership
So they said they finally agreed to pay the extra cost.. And while getting the paperwork together they let them take the truck on a test drive.. While returning to the dealership they got rear-ended at a stop sign by a teenager right in front of the dealership.. The dealership wanted him to put the claim on his insurance since he was going to be purchasing it.. Said he told them something along the lines of didn't u say even though I ordered the truck it belongs to the dealership and u can put/add anything u want to on it and charge for it or turn it down.. I haven't purchased it yet but u want me to put it on my insurance cuz u say it is mine before I purchased it...

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

" Mr. ######, we got a Maverick Hybrid XLT in in cactus grey, and we knew you wanted one and wanted to know if youd like to stop by to check it out"

"We know sir...."

Been waiting since last year. I feel like the smartest idiot right now. I feel like I had a golden opportunity but at the same time I just can't justify 40 freakin grand on a goddamn xlt.

Couple that with the fact that price jump would obliterate my profit margin on the vehicle im selling.

Patience Grasshopper…

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I havent heard a single peep from my dealer since I ordered 6 months ago, not sure if that’s a good or bad thing lol
I send them greeting cards over email (that way I don’t waste money)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Title reads: Just got a call from Ford..

When it should read: Just got a call from a Ford Dealership..

Big difference in meaning not having "dealership" in the title

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your post seems hypocritical. You're happy about the high price you can get selling your old car, but frustrated at the dealer for the high price the dealer is selling their on the lot vehicle. The reason you can have a high value is the same as the dealer. Why is it OK for you but not them? I get not liking it. I get not buying it (I wouldn't). But to come blasting them... you're doing the same thing.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The problem is people are paying these insane markups and very quickly. My guess is we won’t see MSRP hybrids on the lot until

Reactions: GRB
Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Title reads: Just got a call from Ford..

When it should read: Just got a call from a Ford Dealership..

Big difference in meaning not having "dealership" in the title
Yep. Seems like a click baity title for people expecting news from Ford corporate.

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. Couldn't do that. But I will tell everyone here its Earnhardt Ford in Phoenix AZ.

...course this will prolly just make people go there to buy the truck. But please....don't buy from these con artists.
I lived in Phoenix from '95 to '05, I remember the Tex Earnhardt slogan " That Ain't No Bull" in his commercials back then , but see he died in 2020.... I'm assuming (since I no longer live there) they have a different slogan now?.... because that IS some BULL!!

nytro97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Called Ford Customer Service to tell them about this. Super calm, just telling them what they did. Hung up on me mid sentence.

Fuck this brand.

I have called them many times and found the different people I spoke to to be more than friendly and very professional. In customer service you just don't hang up on someone.

reneau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevrolet Colorado, Mustang 1966
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

"We know sir...."

Smart move on your part!

That's just crazy to pay those dealers so much over the list price. That's price gouging and no one should go for it. You could get a much nicer vehicle for that price with a better resale value.
Sponsored