First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
" Mr. ######, we got a Maverick Hybrid XLT in in cactus grey, and we knew you wanted one and wanted to know if youd like to stop by to check it out"

Me "Definitely. How much is it?"

Hesitation on the line "Its 39,999"

Me "thats over 15 grand more than the XL I have on order"

"We know sir...."

Me "Sorry, would love it...but I have to pass"

Been waiting since last year. I feel like the smartest idiot right now. I feel like I had a golden opportunity but at the same time I just can't justify 40 freakin grand on a goddamn xlt.

Couple that with the fact that price jump would obliterate my profit margin on the vehicle im selling.

I almost wish I wasn't even called. This one hurts.
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Patience - wait for your's.

Such tactics have to be an embarrassment for FORD...makes one question the ethics of the dealership(s).

Last edited:
OP
OP
IGNIGNXKT

IGNIGNXKT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Patience - wait for your's
I know. But now it has me worried these people will be marking up mine to the moon. They've promised up and down they won't but refuse to sign my purchase order.

I hate this while goddamned process, I tell you what.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know. But now it has me worried these people will be marking up mine to the moon. They've promised up and down they won't but refuse to sign my purchase order.

I hate this while goddamned process, I tell you what.
I was fortunate to pay cash for my Maverick but I went to my Credit Union to purchase a Certified Check for the EXACT amount i was quoted...and presented it to them, telling them that this is what I was quoted...and I'd take care of all my tag, title transfer, etc...you just give me a bill of sale, I'll take care of the rest . Took me 20 minutes to take care of state taxes, tag, etc..when I got home. But rest assured they will pressure sale you on needing an extended warranty when you pick up the pickup.

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I always wonder what would happen if you go for a test drive and crash it. Or hell, even scratch it. I mean, they never make you sign any agreement of any sort whatsoever for a test drive.

I think it would be hard to walk away scott-free but I mean, if legally challenged, you didn't agree to pay for any damages. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
IGNIGNXKT

IGNIGNXKT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I always wonder what would happen if you go for a test drive and crash it. Or hell, even scratch it. I mean, they never make you sign any agreement of any sort whatsoever for a test drive.

I think it would be hard to walk away scott-free but I mean, if legally challenged, you didn't agree to pay for any damages. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No. Couldn't do that. But I will tell everyone here its Earnhardt Ford in Phoenix AZ.

...course this will prolly just make people go there to buy the truck. But please....don't buy from these con artists.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the same call on a 2022 1 week before the 2023 order banks opened.

However, price was "We'll talk when you get here." While they already slapped a $10k ADM sticker on the truck, after we talked, I drove it home for $3k ADM on 2022 pricing and had a choice of 1.9% for 3 yrs, 2.9% for 4 years, or 3.9% for 5 years. I knew rates were gonna go up. So I felt it was a fair deal.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No. Couldn't do that. But I will tell everyone here its Earnhardt Ford in Phoenix AZ.

...course this will prolly just make people go there to buy the truck. But please....don't buy from these con artists.
I didn't mean deliberately. I mean shit happens sometimes. It could be the other guy.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" Mr. ######, we got a Maverick Hybrid XLT in in cactus grey, and we knew you wanted one and wanted to know if youd like to stop by to check it out"

Me "Definitely. How much is it?"

Hesitation on the line "Its 39,999"

Me "thats over 15 grand more than the XL I have on order"

"We know sir...."

Me "Sorry, would love it...but I have to pass"

Been waiting since last year. I feel like the smartest idiot right now. I feel like I had a golden opportunity but at the same time I just can't justify 40 freakin grand on a goddamn xlt.

Couple that with the fact that price jump would obliterate my profit margin on the vehicle im selling.

I almost wish I wasn't even called. This one hurts.
I got several calls like this when waiting for mine. I told them all that they were assholes for selling at such a ridiculous markup when if it had been the truck I had ordered it would be sold at sticker.

OP
OP
IGNIGNXKT

IGNIGNXKT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called Ford Customer Service to tell them about this. Super calm, just telling them what they did. Hung up on me mid sentence.

Fuck this brand.

Sponsored

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I guess it's nice to know you aren't forgotten, but it's also a little, okay, more than a little insulting to offer it to you at such a ridiculous price.

OP
OP
IGNIGNXKT

IGNIGNXKT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess it's nice to know you aren't forgotten, but it's also a little, okay, more than a little insulting to offer it to you at such a ridiculous price.
Yeah I mean, thats Lariat money.

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In February my salesperson texts me and says we have an XLT with luxury package we can sell to you for $2k ADM. My XL hybrid I ordered 9/17/22 was still not scheduled.

Ended up getting it for $1,500 ADM, which I consider reasonable. Tell your place to take a hike.

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe they just like to see you get upset
Sponsored