Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the info as always.

And yes, the allocation process has been enlightening. When you see your exact build ordered months after you get scheduled it's more than a little frustrating.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Ford really wants to move to a custom ordering system they are going to need to do two things 1) revamp the allocation system and 2) make the entire process more apparent. Nobody will complain too seriously if their order gets passed over simply because they are parts constrained, but Ford needs to give a LOT more weight to the age of orders. The entire thing has to move from being dealer centric to buyer centric.

It's very difficult to move a multibillion dollar corporation into a new paradigm but they really have no choice. It's very feasible to do it but they have to be relentless in implementing it since that's where the market is going.

mmahathy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ranger XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought you would find this data interesting, maybe just interesting to me but here it is.

We had 23 Mavericks schedule this month all were scheduled today. 19 hybrids, 4 ecoboosts.

Hybrid Orders
18 were Lariat, all had the Lariat Luxury (SIBL) with only 5 moonroof, 1 18" Wheels, and 1 Hard Rollup Cover. 14 were ordered in July, 4 in August (3rd, 5th, 14th, 18th).
1 was a Fleet XL with only the Full Size Spare Tire, order date 10/21.

Ecoboost Orders
2 were XLTs, 1 was ordered with Luxury Package (SIBL), FX4 Package, 4K Tow Package, 1 Sliding Rear Window, 1 Full Size Spare (7/13), 1 was ordered with 4K Tow Package, FX4 Package (12/29).
2 were Lariats, 1 was ordered as a 1 First Edition with 4k Tow Package (7/6), 1 was ordered with CP360 and optional SIBL (12/29).

I didn't include any DIO (Dealer Installed Options) equipment (none of those items are really delayed) but most orders didn't have any, there were only a handful that even had DIOs.

As you can see 0 with DIBL (Drop-in Bedliners). All were scheduled for week of 2/28.
Thanks Tim. Ford certainly doesn’t schedule first in, first out.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought you would find this data interesting, maybe just interesting to me but here it is.

We had 23 Mavericks schedule this month all were scheduled today. 19 hybrids, 4 ecoboosts.

Hybrid Orders
18 were Lariat, all had the Lariat Luxury (SIBL) with only 5 moonroof, 1 18" Wheels, and 1 Hard Rollup Cover. 14 were ordered in July, 4 in August (3rd, 5th, 14th, 18th).

Ecoboost Orders
2 were XLTs, 1 was ordered with Luxury Package (SIBL), FX4 Package, 4K Tow Package, 1 Sliding Rear Window, 1 Full Size Spare (7/13), 1 was ordered with 4K Tow Package, FX4 Package (12/29).
2 were Lariats, 1 was ordered as a 1 First Edition with 4k Tow Package (7/6), 1 was ordered with CP360 and optional SIBL (12/29).

I didn't include any DIO (Dealer Installed Options) equipment (none of those items are really delayed) but most orders didn't have any, there were only a handful that even had DIOs.

As you can see 0 with DIBL (Drop-in Bedliners). All were scheduled for week of 2/28.
Just the one first edition, and could you maybe extrapolate on why they're being left to last?

Last edited:
OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Just the one first edition, and could you maybe extrapolate on why they're being left to last?
Don't believe there chosen to be last. We have delivered one and I know there have been numerous others are delivered as well at other dealers. I think it's more just like with these lariats that they need so much equipment and have been constrained on a few items. Brake boost which is included on all Lariat Luxury Package has been constrained.

Sponsored

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't believe there chosen to be last. We have delivered one and I know there have been numerous others are delivered as well at other dealers. I think it's more just like with these lariats that they need so much equipment and have been constrained on a few items. Brake boost which is included on all Lariat Luxury Package has been constrained.

Thanks for the feedback Tim and all your info sharing for the overall Ford customer community!

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hybrid Orders

Ecoboost Orders

Now that is the strangest thing yet. 7/6 and 12/29 EcoBoost orders scheduled at the same time. Any side story to that one?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking the same thing. If Ford wants us to order a new vehicle instead of buying off the lot. It will force us to buy from the mega dealers if we want a new vehicle in less than a year.
While not happy with the current allocation system possibly because of lack of disclosure of the process in selection, I due understand in the need to in some form or other to not disclose information about individual dealers which could negatively affect their business. If purchases are made with a leaning towards larger volume dealers even with the true or false belief of faster delivery we will wind up with 4-5 dealers nation wide and the majority of warranty work will have to be contracted out some of which could be done in your drive or the vehicle will have to be transported quite a distance perhaps if Ford disclosed the percentage of deliveries per month of each and every dealer, perhaps even disclosing dealers who had unused allocations because he had no orders (this could even state model and trim package). Some form of disclosure improvement. Percentage wise it could be better to order from a lower volume dealer if information of the process was better disclosed.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Now that is the strangest thing yet. 7/6 and 12/29 EcoBoost orders scheduled at the same time. Any side story to that one?
One was a first edition with about everything (7/6), the other was a Lariat with only CP360 and SIBL

Fiver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Long-time lurker after ordering with my local dealer, which is definitely not the biggest dealer in a 100-mile radius. From lurking around here, I've learned more than they know about Maverick ordering....the allocations piece explains a lot.

I was a bit of a late order, but now I wish I had gone with a different dealer. Is it possible to transfer my hybrid order to a bigger dealer down the road, without losing my order date?
Sponsored