Sponsored

It's such a awesome vehicle - I don't understand any of the complaints.

daddle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
dadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had my 2022 FX4 LARIAT for a year and a half and am very pleased with it and all its options and we just got another 2024 FX4 LARIAT in the new color of TERRAIN with every option AWD and TOWING and my wife has claimed it for herself.We average about 25-27 MPG with our truck here in the mountains of North Carolina.
Sponsored

Reeder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally got the truck! I have to put aside, push down and bury the way Ford treated me like a punk waiting for this and now try to enjoy it for what it is. And that's turning out to be easy.
All the even small complaints and criticisms of this truck I've been reading on here really confuse me after getting it.
It's awesome!
I think it depends where you're coming from. I've never had a new car before. Nothing really under 80,000 mi when I bought it.
I think if your parents bought you a brand new car when you turned 16 in this century and now this is your first new car, you might be disappointed.
That isn't me. I appreciate this truck.
The complaints about "hard" plastic, I don't even understand that. I don't know what that means. Or road noise. Or "you have to replace the cheap stereo". It's got 6 speakers! It sounds great.
I think people today are pretty spoiled and expect a lot. That's why it's so hard to buy a new car for $25,000. I like the steel wheels and didn't want a butt warmer.
Is there anyone else out there like me that just loves this vehicle and has no complaints?
Had my XLT Hybrid since July 2022, absolutely LOVE IT. Has a lot of great features. Terrific gas mileage. Plastic dash is so much easier to clean than a textured leatherette type dash, it's very comfortable on long trips.
I find the stereo clear and loud, don't even usually have volume above 6 or 7, plenty loud. (and I'm old, and I actually like the heated seat as my back tightens up when cold ). Touch wood no squeaks or rattles. The recalls have been simple fixes. This was definitely worth waiting 13 months for and a great price.

Laketime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick xlt hybrid Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my 22 xlt area 51 hybrid in Jan. 2022 and have not regretted the purchase one second. Have not had a single problem and love the trucklet more now than when I first got it. Do not understand a lot of the small complaints either. You need to know the trucklet's limitations, work with them and enjoy the ride.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I finally got the truck! I have to put aside, push down and bury the way Ford treated me like a punk waiting for this and now try to enjoy it for what it is. And that's turning out to be easy.
All the even small complaints and criticisms of this truck I've been reading on here really confuse me after getting it.
It's awesome!
I think it depends where you're coming from. I've never had a new car before. Nothing really under 80,000 mi when I bought it.
I think if your parents bought you a brand new car when you turned 16 in this century and now this is your first new car, you might be disappointed.
The complaints about "hard" plastic, I don't even understand that. I don't know what that means. Or road noise. Or "you have to replace the cheap stereo". It's got 6 speakers! It sounds great.
I think people today are pretty spoiled and expect a lot. That's why it's so hard to buy a new car for $25,000. I like the steel wheels and didn't want a butt warmer.
Is there anyone else out there like me that just loves this vehicle and has no complaints?
I totally agree with you…ugh people just gotta gripe..

hurrah

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2012 Ford F250 6.7 2015 Ford XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I DO put my seatbelt on but still have to hit OK so the seat belt green checks go away! Ain't a big deal but kind of redundant and a little rediculous to remind me to do something I've already done!!!

Sponsored

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure that there are people who have had problems with their Mavericks and that their complaints are legitimate. I also believe that some people are by nature fanboys who seek affirmation in their purchase decision. The "truth" is probably somewhere in the middle.

There's probably a market for stickers with Calvin peeing on a Tacoma. Someone needs to corner that market quickly. ;)

Last edited:

deckmt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E --> 2023 EB AWD Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I DO put my seatbelt on but still have to hit OK so the seat belt green checks go away! Ain't a big deal but kind of redundant and a little rediculous to remind me to do something I've already done!!!
I concur!

If there is any complaint that I have with the Maverick, it is the redundancy with the "Seat Belt" warning ... why do we have to be reminded every single time? At least shut off automatically after all seat belts are fastened (I think it eventually will shut off after a few minutes ... I tested this once, but do not have the patience to wait every time).

A close second may be the resetting of the drive mode option - I would like to set my Maverick to "ECO" mode and it stays there until I change it.

Other than that, I have no complaints, not even with the hard plastic. The Maverick was designed to be a budget vehicle. Of course, a Lariat with all the extras (many of which are now standard for 2024 model year) can be quite pricey, but no one is forced to upgrade the trim level.

I noted in a separate post (sometime in 2023 I think) that I think of the Maverick as a "retro" vehicle ... it is similar to the compact trucks from the 70s and 80s. Sometime after that, the trucks started getting bigger and morphed into "mid-size" trucks, with prices extending into the stratosphere.

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 22 eco XLT this truck has exceeded all expectations, only recall was the side curtain air bags which i had done at AVALON FORD where i bought the vehicle, no issues with damaged interior panels.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't have the seatbelt issue. No chime at all. Instrument cluster shows my seat in red till I buckle up, then it goes away and another prompt comes up reminding me to vote this November..............

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's awesome!
After a year I don't have any complaints. If I paid more for it I might whine some about some little things but I understand it for what it is and am happy. I wished it had a little longer bed before I bought it but It's something I'm dealing with easily.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs