First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Current KBB private sale value of my Maverick is around 31K. I paid 30.6K excluding tax, title, registration transfer 6 months ago. So, yes, I would say mine is holding value rather nicely.

I ignore trade in values when computing what a vehicle is worth, especially late models, as trade ins are basically selling your vehicle to someone who buys wholesale only.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most states have tax incentives for trades, courtesy of NADA + lobbying + corrupt state politicians. So that trade on a new vehicle, where your trade is $30,000 or so, is incentivized by the state at around $1,800 in a typical 6% state tax environment.

In other words, if you private sale and make $1,500 more and are patting yourself on the back, you will get to slap yourself in the face when you realize you get to pay $1,800 in extra taxes upon purchasing your new Maverick. OTOH, if you make $3,000 more, then you can pat yourself on the back extra hard - as long as the buyer doesn't con or sue or harass you.

There are several existing threads on MTC about expected trade values for the Maverick. The latest professional projections I saw (just last week - sorry, can't remember the link) were something like 50% depreciation over 5 years. Which is actually pretty darn good for a Ford. You gotta be careful about methodology though - make sure they adjust for inflation.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just hope it holds til Toyota has a mini hybrid pickup.
What Vaporware Clickbait Photoshop article did you click on that you believe this. :rolleyes:

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trucks typically hold their value better than cars, so I'd say yes. And since Ford is building the Maverick in the same plant as the Bronco Sport, there is an upper limit as to how many Mavericks Ford can ever build, unless they decide to give Maverick it's own plant.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold my 22XLT ecoboost to Carmax this week for $27,000 even. It had 12,500 miles. It did have Co-Pilot and that's about it. I paid 26 plus tax and license for it 18 months ago. My 24 hybrid XL is arriving at it's final stop in the train yard today. After Private offer applied, with tax and license, about $27,500 out the door. Comes with Co-Pilot and hitch, so I am very pleased. My dealer has printed out the private offer amount and gave it to me, so I don't expect any problems. I will be replacing the wheels, but considering I'm starting over with a 24 Hybrid and no miles, it seems great to me.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've noticed prices on used 22' Mavericks finally starting to drop in my area, still above original MSRP, but down $3k from where they were a few months ago.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TedTX said:

Just hope it holds til Toyota has a mini hybrid pickup.
Watched the video and it is a Vaporware concept ELECTRIC only (not a hybrid) truck.

If you are waiting for this from Toyota expect a very very very long wait.

And again it is NOT A HYBRID.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mean, it's a vehicle. They lose value over time, some more than others, but that's the normal thing that happens. Used car prices have been overinflated for the last few years, but that bubble's going away.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Current KBB private sale value of my Maverick is around 31K. I paid 30.6K excluding tax, title, registration transfer 6 months ago. So, yes, I would say mine is holding value rather nicely.

I ignore trade in values when computing what a vehicle is worth, especially late models, as trade ins are basically selling your vehicle to someone who buys wholesale only.
I read an article today that said used car prices are tumbling due to interest rates and new car availability.
The article also said that they finance people are expecting a lot buyers over the last couple years will be upside down on their car loans. That will also start impacting buyers as they will be forced to hang on to what they have until the loan is paid down or off.
If you can get someone to give you more than you paid take the money and run and don’t look back.
I can’t imagine how the people who paid $10,000 over sticker are feeling right now. No matter what happens to the economy they will never recoup the value.

turbobill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XL AWD/Hot Pepper Red, 4K tow, and others.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never buy new vehicles based on "future value". I buy them because I want them. I really don't care about the fluctuations of the used market.
Sponsored