Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello All Current Maverick owners,
Just wanted to put this out there. Does anyone have trouble with squeaks pops and rattles coming from their 2022 Maverick?

Just wondering if anyone else notices the noises. My Kia forte never had this many interior noises but it wasn't as stiffly sprung as the Maverick is.

I got bopped in the rear end of my new Maverick a month ago and I'm sure all that cheap plastic got a good shaking. Had to have the bumper cover and absorber replaced. Just wonder if anyone with a Maverick that has not been bopped has the same little creaks and pops coming from the inside of the truck. Thanks, Kent
Sponsored

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello All Current Maverick owners,
Just wanted to put this out there. Does anyone have trouble with squeaks pops and rattles coming from their 2022 Maverick?

Just wondering if anyone else notices the noises. My Kia forte never had this many interior noises but it wasn't as stiffly sprung as the Maverick is.

I got bopped in the rear end of my new Maverick a month ago and I'm sure all that cheap plastic got a good shaking. Had to have the bumper cover and absorber replaced. Just wonder if anyone with a Maverick that has not been bopped has the same little creaks and pops coming from the inside of the truck. Thanks, Kent
I had a squeak, traced it to where the 2 plastic panels meet below the steering wheel. I jammed a piece of foam in there and hasn't been a problem since. A few days ago, I was washing mine and noticed the right side of the rear bumper cover was sticking out a bit, I bopped it with the palm of my hand and it went back into place, seems good for now at least.

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had an annoying little squeak from the dash at first but it seems to have gone away. Polished itself down from enough rubbing, I guess. (3500 miles now)
It was only when it was cold, oddly enough. I'd think heat would make more squeaks since things expand when hot, but what do I know? I hope it doesn't return in the winter!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Absolutely. Massive dash rattles since March. 7-9 visits to the same dealer, nada. They don't wanna deal with it.

My truck is currently at another dealer getting looked at with Ford's help. We'll see where it goes...

ReadyMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO least satisfying thing about my truck. Have always had good luck with Ford fit and finish. Finish is good on the Maverick but fit is a little to be desired. Have a rattle on front right door, and weird low pitch noise near driver front A-Pillar. Door didnā€™t make noise when I brought in first timeā€¦but is back. A-Pillar sound they could hear but didnā€™t have parts to attempt to fix. Going back in next week. If the rattles were gone I would be completely satisfied. Biggest frustration in all of this is the number of weeks dealer service is outā€¦took 3 weeks to get me back in. So now Iā€™m driving around with noises for three week that make me cringe šŸ˜‚ And yes in the interim windows are down and music is up to drown them out. 3000 miles. Moral of the storyā€¦doubt itā€™s the fender bender that caused any new issues. Probably just needed some miles under your belt to loosen up everything.
Sponsored