First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm installing front components, rear coax, Mosconi DSP, and active Nakamichi subwoofer.
My question is, using an impedance adapter, two channel input and 4 channel output, where do I get the remote, +12v and ground?
I'll took the speakers signal from HU harness...it's quiete small and difficult to manipulate...but can't find another better place.

Thanks!
Sponsored

bautek_mn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX Sport Wagon, Future Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Waiting on my Maverick so haven’t tried this yet, but this dude offers a pre-made t-harness that will get you everything you need. Also has speaker adapters if you want to use some of the factory wiring instead of running new speaker wire.

https://hoelwiring.com/collections/ford-maverick

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Waiting on my Maverick so haven’t tried this yet, but this dude offers a pre-made t-harness that will get you everything you need. Also has speaker adapters if you want to use some of the factory wiring instead of running new speaker wire.

that's a great option but expensive and I'm not sure what you will get when you tap upstream of the B&O amp and use the factory fader or tone controls.

also the OP said he has speaker level input handled and listed a DSP, he's just looking for 12V, ground and remote turn on. so...

for remote turn on use fuse #6 with a piggyback fuse tap like this
you can wire it directly instead which is probably fine, but the fuse tap is better.

for 12v you go through the firewall of course, no existing circuit in the truck can handle an aftermarket amp. there is a grommet that can pass 4 or 8 ga power wire. mount the fuse holder on the driver's side fender. there's threads here with pics.

for the ground the back wall of the cab is fine, just predrill a hole and remove the paint so the D-ring is making good metal-on-metal contact.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that's a great option but expensive and I'm not sure what you will get when you tap upstream of the B&O amp and use the factory fader or tone controls.
OP never said they have the B&O system. '6 speakers' would be a base Lariat; the B&O has 8.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP never said they have the B&O system. '6 speakers' would be a base Lariat; the B&O has 8.
true. and I'm not familiar with his dsp but he probably has the input signal covered.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Piterpi

Piterpi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks! It look great, but I don't know if they ship to Argentina, and the cost including taxes doesn't seem attractive...

OP
OP
Piterpi

Piterpi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

also the OP said he has speaker level input handled and listed a DSP, he's just looking for 12V, ground and remote turn on. so...

for remote turn on use fuse #6 with a piggyback fuse tap like this
you can wire it directly instead which is probably fine, but the fuse tap is better.

for 12v you go through the firewall of course, no existing circuit in the truck can handle an aftermarket amp. there is a grommet that can pass 4 or 8 ga power wire. mount the fuse holder on the driver's side fender. there's threads here with pics.

for the ground the back wall of the cab is fine, just predrill a hole and remove the paint so the D-ring is making good metal-on-metal contact.
Thanks man!
Do you think that I can use +12v direct from batt for an impedance adapter?
Sponsored