First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After going back and forth between this and the pro x15 I ordered the Gator from Alex!
Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This cover is great for the money! I wanted something that didn’t install rails in the bed (since it’s small enough already) and something that could be quickly removed. Install was under 10mins and it looks great.

EB77FA89-1AD4-4466-990F-F63E1E060D1D.jpeg
I had a trifold on my F-150. Lent it my son to move some items. His GF wanted to use the truck and told him to latch it. Well he latched the back but not the front. It blew off and damaged the back rails where it was latched. Thank God no one was hurt. I replaced it with a roll up but don't like the rails or the clamps. Going to get trifold when I get my truck.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If yours flap you may have missed a step in the install. There is a strap about 12 inches from the front of the tonneau. You have to spread out the strap and synch it down against the side rails. Mine flapped a little until I found these little tension straps, one on each side of the tonneau. No more flapping. Have never had a drop of water leak...even after heavy rains, But I did apply the rubber weather strips that came with the tonneau. Really like the Gator Tri-fold. Very fair pricing.

As far as keeping it black and shiny...I'll do nothing until it starts fading, then try ArmorAll to see if it bleeds off on the paint.

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the cover tonight. Took all of maybe 10 minutes. Can see a little light on the driver's side corner.

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover PXL_20220809_221957732

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same as everyone mentioned here. Great cover, easy and cheap, great for basic tonneau needs. Doesnt flap yet on highway. Might over time. About $45 off with realtruck forum discount. You can get same cover, no gator badge, lever instead spring clips in rear from napa branded trident slightly cheaper. You can also get slightly more $ with improved quality branded extang 2.0 as well. Gator fits nicely between the two for quality and features.
20220618_091405.jpg
I went with the extang trifecta 2.0 for $345 plus 6% sales tax for $365 delivered. The "aircraft aluminum" verses the trifecta E Series "light weight aluminum" frame materials sold me for a cost increase of about $45😁. Probably the same frame but "marketing" got the best of me😜. The Trident cover now sells for $289 at napa.

A bit ironic... I've only bought 2 tonneau covers in my life and it was 28 years apart. Both ended up coincidentally being extang covers😉

UPDATE... The extang arrived and installed. Seems high quality, snug fit, triple weather stripping at front and rear, and even came with thin protective styrofoam (I e. packaging material😉)to cut 2 inch squares from to put between the metal clamps and the painted sheet metal of the bedrail to prevent paint removal and subsequent rust😁.

May cover the bedrail caps too much to use with a bedrack though. Only about 1/2" of the cap on the bedrail shows.

Only small grip is two hands needed to attach rear spring clip near tailgate. Maybe after some use, the spring will loosen up and 1 handed operation will work.

Last edited:

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This cover is great for the money! I wanted something that didn’t install rails in the bed (since it’s small enough already) and something that could be quickly removed. Install was under 10mins and it looks great.

EB77FA89-1AD4-4466-990F-F63E1E060D1D.jpeg
Mpg goes up a bit too

maverickjoe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the soft tri fold covers flap in wind at highway 70 mph speeds? I was looking at some other covers but I can't get past the $259 price on some of the soft ones and they have better warranty than others.
Sponsored