David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hopefully Demco will have a better solution.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, sir knowledge is power!!
I am personally extremely disappointed with the two options, but I think I will wait to see if Demco can get a volunteer to design one. They are looking. But Blue Ox is doable with a lot of care, trim, or extra fascia. The Roadmaster is an absolute no for me because I want to have a usable 10 year warranty for my Maverick.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have any issue with the Blue Ox design. I have had to trim something on most baseplate installations ( except the Jeep, the holy grail of flat tow...). I like the fact they left the shutters intact. The electrical and break away connections are rather nicely placed and look ok.

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I gotta say, the side view of this install really makes it worth while for me.

206F9E77-84B9-4570-ADDE-F64801733F09.jpeg
Can you please tell us what you paid to have the tow plate and electrics installed? How much additional for the FX4 lower fascia installation?Iā€™d like to try to use them as Iā€™m up in the Treasure Coast.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you please tell us what you paid to have the tow plate and electrics installed? How much additional for the FX4 lower fascia installation?Iā€™d like to try to use them as Iā€™m up in the Treasure Coast.
It was definitely pricier than I was expecting. The original install was about $4800. It broke down as follows (rounded):
Blue Ox base plate - $550
Blue Ox Ascent Tow Bars - $1050
Wiring Kit - $200
Demco stay n play duo brake system w/ monitor - $1350
12V Battery charger - $50
labor for this install was $1250.
Plus tax

the day of the install they were in constant contact with me. They did not like the idea of cutting the fascia and I told them I knew what to expect. they tried talking me into the roadmaster but I didnā€™t want to mess with the shutter system. Before I even got the car back from them, I had found the part number for the FX4 fascia and placed my order with Ford Parts. When I picked up the maverick, I was impressed and told hIm he should send a picture of this to Blue Ox, cause they did a much better job than whatā€™s on their website right now. šŸ¤£. All in all they did a great job cutting out the fascia, so I waffled on the expense and hassle of changing the bumper. But I had the bumper a week later and decided to go ahead and scheduled the work.

My additional expenses were:
FX4 bumper fascia - $340
Extra Labor - $250 - which I couldā€™ve saved had I bought this originally.

If youre up the coast a bit and are gonna use these guys, their normal situation is, drop off the car in the morning, and come back the next day with your rig and theyā€˜ll walk you through the connections. Coming from the treasure coast area, they may make an exception for you.

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much for the great information. Is the correct part number in 26217626 VA? If so where did you source it? My local dealer requires a service order so I can order the part and itā€™s $80 more than what you paid for it.

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
N26217626BA

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much for the great information. Is the correct part number in 26217626 VA? If so where did you source it? My local dealer requires a service order so I can order the part and itā€™s $80 more than what you paid for it.
I doubt the link Iā€™ll share at the bottom of this will work. But go to parts.ford.com
Itā€™ll make you pick a local dealer, thatā€™s fine. However, the key is - do not add your vehicle by vin though, because it will say this part is not for your vehicle. Just select the year, make and Maverick so you Generically look for maverick parts. Once your at this point copy and paste NZ6Z17626BA into the search bar. It should come right up. Let me know what price it gives you. Take note though in the thread here what we did to connect the bottom of the fascia to the bottom cover panel. Good luck

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/bumpers/panel-14200257-1?pdp=y

Sponsored

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered it for pick up in Lakeland for $288.64 plus tax, total $308.84, a huge savings over the $420 my local dealer was asking, which is even higher than the $406.05 MSRP. Hopefully it'll be there for pickup when we return from our next RV trip near Ocala next week. It's pick up only as too bulky/irregular to ship. Fingers crossed I don't have to do a separate trip!

OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered it for pick up in Lakeland for $288.64 plus tax, total $308.84, a huge savings over the $420 my local dealer was asking, which is even higher than the $406.05 MSRP. Hopefully it'll be there for pickup when we return from our next RV trip near Ocala next week. It's pick up only as too bulky/irregular to ship. Fingers crossed I don't have to do a separate trip!
$30 dollars cheaper than here in Miami 2 weeks ago!

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Let me preface this by saying that I have not done this to my Maverick.

But, in regards to the active shutters for the intercooler and radiator, they are not for cooling or emissions. They are for fuel economy (aerodynamics) and in fact the intercooler shutter is closed all the time in ECO drive mode.

Ford has used active shutters a long time. Generally you would remove the shutter itself and leave the motor assembly. It thinks it's opening and closing the shutter but there's nothing to move.

If you were to unplug the motor and remove it, you will get a check engine light. I've never looked to see if anyone has turned it off via forscan or used a dummy load, but I am very sure that many F150 and Focus ST/RS drivers have removed the shutters. I would think no issues with the Maverick as well.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me preface this by saying that I have not done this to my Maverick.

But, in regards to the active shutters for the intercooler and radiator, they are not for cooling or emissions. They are for fuel economy (aerodynamics) and in fact the intercooler shutter is closed all the time in ECO drive mode.

Ford has used active shutters a long time. Generally you would remove the shutter itself and leave the motor assembly. It thinks it's opening and closing the shutter but there's nothing to move.

If you were to unplug the motor and remove it, you will get a check engine light. I've never looked to see if anyone has turned it off via forscan or used a dummy load, but I am very sure that many F150 and Focus ST/RS drivers have removed the shutters. I would think no issues with the Maverick as well.
Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 1679671429598

Ford Maverick Installed FX4 bumper on my lariat for blue ox base pate 1679671532097

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes Brad, I know what the manual says. They could have some small impact on the time it takes to warm the engine when cold-started. The F150 and Focus communities state that it is low/no impact even in northern states, but I can understand how this is technically a benefit you will lose.

They negatively impact cooling when closed, of course. So if actually cooling, and not cold start warm-up time, is a concern then you have nothing to be worried about.

It's mainly done for aerodynamics as I stated previously. And it can be partially removed with no fault codes.
Sponsored