Sponsored

Infotainment Reliability XL/XLT

pac87

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 7, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
84
Reaction score
65
Location
Ontario
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
Undecided
Been seeing a lot of people complain that the infotainment system in the XL and XLT constantly freeze, disconnect and is just an overall headache to live with on a daily basis.

Are these complaints just a small minority? Are any of you happy with the infotainment system and find it works and works well?

I know this doesn’t apply to Lariat trim levels as they have a completely different system.
Sponsored

 

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Rich
Joined
Oct 29, 2021
Threads
26
Messages
591
Reaction score
1,352
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has been 99.9% fine lately. At first U was using a non-apple USB cable for CarPlay and sometimes things were a little flukey. I swapped to an actual Apple USB-C to lighting cable and everything has been working like one would expect. Except ONCE when I turned on the car and for about 15 seconds I couldn't adjust the volume. After pushing buttons and panicking for a bit (it was early AM in the driveway and the stereo was booming my bad taste in music pretty loudly) it finally reacted.

But for all intents and purposes, my car is fine. Late Sept 2022 build, for what it's worth.
 

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Aug 13, 2021
Threads
34
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
3,453
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is good! There was a big software update last month. Before the update mine froze only once since I got my Maverick in August.
 

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Nov 23, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
312
Reaction score
499
Location
Longwood, FL
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zero issues with mine, I did however have a difficult time updating the software, but was finally able to get it installed this past weekend after many many tries.
 

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Jan 20, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
1,782
Reaction score
2,456
Location
Buffalo, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Hybrid XLT AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been seeing a lot of people complain that the infotainment system in the XL and XLT constantly freeze, disconnect and is just an overall headache to live with on a daily basis.

Are these complaints just a small minority? Are any of you happy with the infotainment system and find it works and works well?

I know this doesn’t apply to Lariat trim levels as they have a completely different system.
I have an XLT. My radio /bluetooth connection isn't the greatest, but music from USB is good.
It will occasionally freeze, but nothing major (and not more then the better SYNC3 in my pervious vehicle).

When connecting to android auto, I sometimes have to plug it in more than once to get it to actually connect.

Some minor glitches/annoyances, but it has actually been better than I expected!
 

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Nov 23, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
741
Reaction score
1,129
Location
O-Town
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I think the general consensus is it’s just very underpowered in the processor and ram. It works fine with cable tethered CarPlay but many say, it’s glitchy with Android Auto.

Biggest issue with the radio is the poor quality speakers that have very little bass, for most peoples taste. Sounds fine for talk radio and phone calls.
 

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 1, 2021
Threads
104
Messages
2,690
Reaction score
7,272
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I had it freeze on me once. I started using USB-c lately and the connection is more consistent.
Sponsored

 
 







Top