First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL 2.5L Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have driven 1200 miles in my truck and it still feels like new to me and I am still trying to figure things out rather than RTFM.
Here are my recent impressions of the 2023 XL HYBRID in Cactus Grey:

LIKES: the mpg is 41.1 and I have gone on several hour-long highway trips. Love the LED headlights, and want them on all my vehicles now. The automatic high beams are magic every time I see them in action. I never had them before and I love them! The Cactus Grey color always surprises me when I see it. I can't tell if I like it or not. It can look grey, green, and light blue, sometimes all on the same day. I like that aspect. There is plenty of power and speed despite my early concerns. Great forward visibility while driving. The truck feels like it is solid despite the squeaks and rattles I hear every so often. I have never used android auto, but I like it, especially on long trips.

Dislikes: The radio freezes like crazy, the screen takes forever to turn on, the screen is hard to see in sunlight and should be slanted towards the driver more, no power mirrors is a PITA, the grabby brakes are annoying and passengers complain, my rear driver's side door unlock got stuck open and rattled like hell until I found out what was causing the noise. My windshield squeaks alternately on the driver and passenger side, then stops for days. The driver-side door speaker vibrates and hums during certain voices on NPR. I don't know if it is a speaker issue or if I should adjust the bass higher but it sounds fine for music. I still don't like the doorpull/armrest with that missing hole in it.

I am hoping to get 5 years/100,000 trouble free miles out of this before I will consider it worth it. I do feel this was the best vehicle purchase that I could have made for THIS price. Everything else is too freaking expensive nowadays. I don't have faith in Ford's reliability though. Thankfully this forum is a great learning resource for problems that might arise in the future.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like you have a few things you need a dealer to look at. The other items go with the Maverick, especially the rattles. My wife's XLT has the rattling dash and has since day one. You will finally get used to it, especially if you live in small town/rural area with crappy roads.

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have close to 14,000 miles on my truck after 11 months.
I've been lucky so far in that I have zero complaints besides the grabby brake issue which I've learned to deal with. This is my first Ford (I've been driving 40+ years) so I'm hoping I've been wrong about Ford all this time regarding reliability🤞🤞🤞🤞

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No power windows? Maybe you meant power mirrors?
Think he means no auto up on driver’s window, no auto up or down for passengers — on the base XL/XLTs, anyway.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Squeaks and rattles are a feature of the Maverick!! It's in the fine print.

Deleted member 1483

I’m at 22k and I found the brakes only seem to be too grabby if I’m in bumper to bumper, probably they keep switching from friction to regen and then grab too hard.

With a normal stop you do have to adjust brake pedal as you cross into friction braking but it’s easy to do. My girlfriend drives once in a blue moon and she doesn’t stop hard

If you are having worse symptoms than that, it might be worth having the dealer look at the report from ford.

My radio gremlins seem to have gone away. Occasionally it will take really long for Apple car play to enable. Maybe once it became unresponsive while driving.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have close to 14,000 miles on my truck after 11 months.
I've been lucky so far in that I have zero complaints besides the grabby brake issue which I've learned to deal with. This is my first Ford (I've been driving 40+ years) so I'm hoping I've been wrong about Ford all this time regarding reliability🤞🤞🤞🤞
Good morning! I can look into your grabby brake concerns. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored