Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ok guys I need some opinions here. I ordered an XLT AWD ecoboost Iconic Silver with 4K Tow Package and Co Pilot 360 on 9/27. It was looking like I wasnt going to be scheduled for a long time so i have been calling around trying to find stock or cancelled orders. I called over 150 dealers lol well i finally found one yesterday its a base model though set to arrive jan17th. It is an XL with the 4K tow package and nothing else. (I definitely need the 4k tow) So no Co-pilot 360 in this one also no power mirrors or cruise control. Dealer is selling it at sticker $25,540 and no mark up which is rare. It was looking like mine was going to take forever my dealer has had 0 customer orders delivered and only 2 scheduled going into this thursday and theres about 15 orders ahead of mine so it was looking like I wasnt going to see mine until late spring or even early summer if they went in order (which i know they dont always do). So I told the dealer with the XL to send me over the invoice and window sticker. Well I go to check my email and right next to the dealers email with the XL is the email from ford saying my build is scheduled for week of 2/21 and best case scenario I can see mine around end of march/beginning of april. What is your guys opinion on Base model with no co pilot 360 and without power mirrors or cruise control vs the XLT with co pilot 360 with power mirrors and cruise control?. Is the Co-Pilot a really big help? Does anyone know how the manual mirrors work on the XL? Can i adjust the passenger mirror from the driver seat with the manual mirrors? the XL is also around $3500 cheaper than my XLT build. What would you guys do wait it out or go with the XL that I can have in about a month? Another concern of mine is I have seen a million of you guys have your dates pushed back or have the vehicle get stuck in shipping. If mine gets pushed back into a may/june delivery I will be mad I didnt take this one now lol not sure what to do here what do you guys think??
Personally speaking I don't see the big deal on the power mirrors as once you set the passenger side for your preferred viewing there really is no need to change it unless you have multiple drivers. As far as the 360 it does not have an audible alert and feedback from people I have heard from says it doesn't work all that well. I wanted cruise control so I went with the XLT because I really wanted that and the XLT also gave me a few other upgrades that I felt made it worth the extra money. Some people have to have something like push button start and would pay a lot more to have it when I think it's not a big deal. It really comes down to getting what you want if you can afford it and able to wait to get it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

2022mavxlt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Thanks for the info everyone. I am kind of leaning towards waiting for mine. If I didnt get the email yesterday that said I was scheduled I probably would have went with the XL. Now that I am hearing you have to actually push on the mirror to adjust it thats not great for me. I fish a lot and tow my boat all the time and being able to adjust both mirrors from the driver seat is kind of a big deal for me. Even if there was a knob or some way to adjust the mirrors from inside the vehicle id prob go for the XL but im kind of leaning towards waiting now.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok guys I need some opinions here. I ordered an XLT AWD ecoboost Iconic Silver with 4K Tow Package and Co Pilot 360 on 9/27. It was looking like I wasnt going to be scheduled for a long time so i have been calling around trying to find stock or cancelled orders. I called over 150 dealers lol well i finally found one yesterday its a base model though set to arrive jan17th. It is an XL with the 4K tow package and nothing else. (I definitely need the 4k tow) So no Co-pilot 360 in this one also no power mirrors or cruise control. Dealer is selling it at sticker $25,540 and no mark up which is rare. It was looking like mine was going to take forever my dealer has had 0 customer orders delivered and only 2 scheduled going into this thursday and theres about 15 orders ahead of mine so it was looking like I wasnt going to see mine until late spring or even early summer if they went in order (which i know they dont always do). So I told the dealer with the XL to send me over the invoice and window sticker. Well I go to check my email and right next to the dealers email with the XL is the email from ford saying my build is scheduled for week of 2/21 and best case scenario I can see mine around end of march/beginning of april. What is your guys opinion on Base model with no co pilot 360 and without power mirrors or cruise control vs the XLT with co pilot 360 with power mirrors and cruise control?. Is the Co-Pilot a really big help? Does anyone know how the manual mirrors work on the XL? Can i adjust the passenger mirror from the driver seat with the manual mirrors? the XL is also around $3500 cheaper than my XLT build. What would you guys do wait it out or go with the XL that I can have in about a month? Another concern of mine is I have seen a million of you guys have your dates pushed back or have the vehicle get stuck in shipping. If mine gets pushed back into a may/june delivery I will be mad I didnt take this one now lol not sure what to do here what do you guys think??
That MSRP sounds off for an XL with few options. Definitely too high.

OP
OP

2022mavxlt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
That MSRP sounds off for an XL with few options. Definitely too high.
No its actually right on the money. I built it on ford website with the same options and it came to the exact same $25,540. It is the XL with Ecoboost AWD plus the 4K Tow package. They are not marking it up over sticker. I saw the sticker it is $25,540 on the sticker. The way it breaks down is $19,995 for base. Add 2.0 Ecoboost and AWD that is $3,305 then add $745 for the 4K tow package, and $1495 for destination charge it equals exactly $25,540.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing some of the prices on line, buy the XL to drive now and sell it when your XLT is ready. Otherwise you will be Mav-less for a few weeks. But since you waited to pull the trigger, the XL may already be sold.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would take the XL now, and keep your current XLT order. When it comes in, decide which to keep, which to sell. Given the current market, you'll likely loose very little, or perhaps even make a few bucks, pending which way you go.
Except paying sales tax on two vehicles.

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Thanks for the info everyone. I am kind of leaning towards waiting for mine. If I didnt get the email yesterday that said I was scheduled I probably would have went with the XL. Now that I am hearing you have to actually push on the mirror to adjust it thats not great for me. I fish a lot and tow my boat all the time and being able to adjust both mirrors from the driver seat is kind of a big deal for me. Even if there was a knob or some way to adjust the mirrors from inside the vehicle id prob go for the XL but im kind of leaning towards waiting now.
Wait and get exactly what you want, never settle for less, every day you drive it you will remember what you could have had if you were a little more patient.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you plan on flipping in a month or so get what comes first. If you plan on keeping vehicle for a while wait.
When you see exactly what you ordered driving down the street. it will be ouch.

Or worse yet a friend of a friend shares a story about getting a Maverick that was turned down and how awesome it is. (yours of course)

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow surprised in this day and age they wouldnt have a knob or something to adjust the non power mirrors. I remember being young and my parents having cars without power mirrors but there was still a knob on the driver door panel that manually adjusted the driver mirror and these were cars from the 80s lol
That is surprising, my 1973 car has a knob adjustment for BOTH mirrors & that's OLD. With no bench seat you will have to have someone else adjust the mirror for you while sitting in the seat. I would wait for the Maverick you ordered, you will kick yourself if you don't. Buying the XL & then flipping or trading it would be more stress than you want to deal with.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a good dilemma to be in, you have options. Buying the truck now and selling later is relatively risk free I imagine. You may even find that you don't really mind the manual mirrors as much as you thought you would and save yourself $3k in the process.

You should be able to get your money back or at least very close to it. Unless you are making a large purchase soon or have bad credit, the two hard checks wont really make a difference.

On the other hand if you have a vehicle that is fully functional and not about to die, waiting a few months for the truck you really want is a relatively short amount of time to wait. And you would end up with exactly the truck you want vs 2nd best.

only you can make this call.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is your call but since you asked for advice...get the XLT! It will be worth the wait, IMHO!

OP
OP

2022mavxlt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
That is surprising, my 1973 car has a knob adjustment for BOTH mirrors & that's OLD. With no bench seat you will have to have someone else adjust the mirror for you while sitting in the seat. I would wait for the Maverick you ordered, you will kick yourself if you don't. Buying the XL & then flipping or trading it would be more stress than you want to deal with.
I think youre right, and besides I hate when people price gouge I cant be the guy to do that.

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
The XL WITHOUT CO-PILOT also doesn't come with a rear view camera or fold down in the middle of the rear seats.

OP
OP

2022mavxlt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Sounds like a good dilemma to be in, you have options. Buying the truck now and selling later is relatively risk free I imagine. You may even find that you don't really mind the manual mirrors as much as you thought you would and save yourself $3k in the process.

You should be able to get your money back or at least very close to it. Unless you are making a large purchase soon or have bad credit, the two hard checks wont really make a difference.

On the other hand if you have a vehicle that is fully functional and not about to die, waiting a few months for the truck you really want is a relatively short amount of time to wait. And you would end up with exactly the truck you want vs 2nd best.

only you can make this call.
My credit is excellent, but it is more than hard checks it would be getting 2 new loans and each one will drop your score. Like I said thats not a big deal because if i sell one then the credit score will bounce back a couple months after than loan is paid back
The XL WITHOUT CO-PILOT also doesn't come with a rear view camera or fold down in the middle of the rear seats.
It does have a back up camera. It says it right on the window sticker.

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
It does have a back up camera. It says it right on the window sticker.
[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected! I initially ordered co-pilot on my 360 bc I thought it included a backup camera & Cruise control. But didnt take long to realize the latter wasnt included.
Sponsored