Sponsored

I'm curious . . .could paint color affect when produced?

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered by Lariat with Lux package and Cyber Orange on 11-8-21. Supposedly, it's just waiting for Ford to pull it for production (and has been for a while). I'm figuring I'm headed for a 23, but dealer says no. We will see.

My question is does paint color matter when they are pulling it for production? My dealer said no, but I'm starting to wonder.

In fact, a few people I know have asked me that. I've seen a blue, area 51, and even a black one (last two at the dealership getting ready for their owners). I KNOW those aren't the only colors and I'm figuring that I'm not the only Cyber Orange in DFW.

So, could paint be another reason for the delay. . .
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only if it's Eruption Green!! Some are willing to wait however.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The answer is probably it could possibly. A low volume color more so than the standard/high volume colors. Could be a pigment/supply issue, or simply paint plant processing changeover for a lower volume color might be grouped periodically.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would say yes. Especially Cyber Orange, since it's an extra cost color and probably the least ordered color. They aren't going to keep the paint booth ready for Cyber Orange every day of the week.

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No ..... it is not considered a constraint. Plus, the Bronco Sport comes in Cyber Orange. It's just parts and chips supply logistics.

I saw another post where the plants closed for 2 months (no stated reason that I saw). I know that's not good news, but yours will be produced.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Manufacturer do it differently but the spray robots will usually purge between vehicles. So they can spray whatever colour they want each vehicle. This give them flexibility.

If you go look at the maverick production promotional video on YouTube there is a silver bronco behind a blue Maverick.

Edit: they will do some configuration low volume. A friend of mine order a vehicle and the colour and trim package was low volume. Like 4 vehicles that colour and trim package a shift. He looked for 6 months to find one at a dealer then gave up.
Sponsored

Last edited: