Sponsored

I Ordered a Second Maverick... Which Will Get Here First???

Which Maverick will get here first?

• Total voters

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
I placed an order for a Maverick XL Hybrid on Nov. 5th and then found this forum. With all of the uncertainties around hybrid orders regarding delivery times I went ahead and put in an order for ANOTHER Maverick on Dec. 10th, but this time for an XLT with an EcoBoost. I have gotten confirmation for BOTH builds from Ford with the email saying that my order has been received, but haven't heard anything else from my Hybrid build regarding a timeline, hence why I ordered an EcoBoost too.

Why did I do this? a few reasons...
1) I wanted to build one MY way, without all of the dealer add-ons. Hybrid XL was around 23k built, while the Eco XLT came in at just over 25K. Both don't have any 'special' accessories so that shouldn't add to the wait time (in theory).
2) I didn't want to deal with the 'adjusted msrp' or hassle of trying to find one in the color/specs I like. I also didn't want to work with another dealer that I wasn't familiar with or one that was out of state or further away from my home should any issues arise (current dealer is 3 mins from my house).
3) It gives me the option to sell back one of these to the dealer, carvana etc. and potentially make a few thousand dollars. I didn't have to put money down for either order so worst case scenario is that I say I don't want one and they gain a mav for their inventory.

So... place your bets. Which one will get here first?
A) The Cactus Gray XL Hybrid ordered on Nov. 5 with a sunroof, tow hitch, and CO-Pilot w/ sliding rear window
or
B) The Cactus Gray XLT EcoBoost ordered Dec. 10 with with a tow hitch, 110 volt plug 'kit' and sliding rear window
Sponsored

OP
OP
Huntski51

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
UPDATE: I have received a build date and VIN for my EcoBoost, just 7 days after ordering. Window sticker to come. Still no word on the hybrid...

sroctavio

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE: I have received a build date and VIN for my EcoBoost, just 7 days after ordering. Window sticker to come. Still no word on the hybrid...
Nice! What is your build date? Haven't been keeping up on what weeks are being scheduled now.

OP
OP
Huntski51

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
Nice! What is your build date? Haven't been keeping up on what weeks are being scheduled now.
As of now build date is February 21st but I'm sure that is subject to change...
Sponsored