Sponsored

Which Mavericks builds / specs will deliver first?

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plus one on this! Ordered mine in Cyber Orange and got a priority code 10 from my dealer. Hoping its sooner rather than later!
What do the priority codes mean? I got # 10 also. Do we know what each code correlates to?
Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
What do the priority codes mean? I got # 10 also. Do we know what each code correlates to?
10-19 is retail order ranking. Retail order means an order placed by a customer for a build exactly how they want it. 10 is first in line, 19 last.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I just looked at my order sheet and got 19. Am I looking at a 2022 delivery date? 😭

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just looked at my order sheet and got 19. Am I looking at a 2022 delivery date? 😭
Not necessarily....my dealer is marking everyone Code 19 so that code by itself will be a non-entity for build/delivery purposes.

Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Not necessarily....my dealer is marking everyone Code 19 so that code by itself will be a non-entity for build/delivery purposes.
Ok. I was wondering because this is the second time I’ve read something about priority numbers and since I didn’t order anything that would delay delivery, I was happy.

I just want to know if I have to test my dealership and request a change. 😅

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. I was wondering because this is the second time I’ve read something about priority numbers and since I didn’t order anything that would delay delivery, I was happy.

I just want to know if I have to test my dealership and request a change. 😅
Yeah, I'd venture to guess different dealers are handling it in different ways, so you could always reach out to yours. Then, of course, practice patience. LOL

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
10-19 is retail order ranking. Retail order means an order placed by a customer for a build exactly how they want it. 10 is first in line, 19 last.
OMG, thank you! I had no clue. Now I am really excited! So if the 10 correlates to the build then I guessed right, cyber orange Lariat. Wahoo!

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many pre-orders does Ford have now?

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By the complete lack of logic...I'm guessing he doesn't. The chips that are in short supply for vehicles do not care if it is in a bottom or top of the line vehicle. A chip for an ECM or HVAC module is the same regardless of XL, XLT, or Lariat. The programming may be different...
I think the logic is the strip down XL will require fewer chips, b/c there are fewer options and gadgets.

This is pure speculation, but I am guessing a lack of cruise control, co-pilot360, and a luxury package, means base-XL's probably require a handful fewer chips? Therefore, Ford can get get (pulling #'s outta my arse) 13 XL's to market for every 10 XLT's, and maybe 15 XL for every 10 XLT Lux?

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick packages were designed to completely sidestep the chip shortages. I think Ford planned this out pretty well and won't have constraints for production on any of the trim levels, except for the late availability items that have been documented on here (mostly accessories and the Rapid Red color, also the 4K tow for FWD)

Ford wants to sell at least 100k of these a year so they're going to be cranking out every trim. I don't even think the Hybrid will be delayed, if the reports are true they're retooling the Van Dyke factory the first three weeks of July to produce these electric motors and transmissions, I think they'll have a solid supply of them in Hermosillo in time for production to begin in mid-August.
OMFG, I hope this guess is somewhere near the mark...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Search these forums for Courtesy Delivery. Many dealerships will accept deliveries for other dealers for a nominal fee. Fleet Managers, so I understand, are the ones to talk to at the dealership.
go read dealerinsider's explanation of how his courtesy delivery, drop ship service works. He gets quotes from UShip for the final leg of delivery to the dealer accepting final delivery. The fee for shipping is paid separately by new owner apart from the nominal fees the accepting dealer charges. I've got quotes in the past from Uship for motorcycles and the average was $600.00 1 way for 1 bike- and that was when gas was much cheaper. I'd guess Uship delivery on a Maverick would be more like $1000.00. Maybe somebody has recent experience with this that can tell us what they paid...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the Maverick packages were designed to completely sidestep the chip shortages. I think Ford planned this out pretty well and won't have constraints for production on any of the trim levels, except for the late availability items that have been documented on here (mostly accessories and the Rapid Red color, also the 4K tow for FWD)

Ford wants to sell at least 100k of these a year so they're going to be cranking out every trim. I don't even think the Hybrid will be delayed, if the reports are true they're retooling the Van Dyke factory the first three weeks of July to produce these electric motors and transmissions, I think they'll have a solid supply of them in Hermosillo in time for production to begin in mid-August.
I think the designs were locked in about 2 years ago in the multi-year development effort, and that would have been long before the chip shortages or COVID shutdowns had any impact on manufacturing.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While the hybrid will have more issues probably, I’d suspect that will be the first produced as that is what Ford is banking off of that this truck has 40MPG and is decently priced. I’d see First Editions being built first (obviously since it is a first edition 😂), then Lariat maybe with the XLT at the same time, then do XL. Then again, the Bronco has had such a weird way of the order in which they were built, so we won’t know until they start to roll off the line!
Sponsored