MiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Escape, '09 Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like many others, the Maverick just checks most of the boxes for what I need. It has just enough hauling and towing capability while still being efficient. It's not too big and will fit in my garage along with other things I want in the garage. The price is right, and the compromises are acceptable. And it's also a decent looking vehicle. I've found nothing else that works as well (at least on paper).
Sponsored

Alfotsch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Subaru XV Crosstrek
So I’m seeing a bunch of orders that either were missed or by some dealerships around the US and some pretty distraught reactions.

I’m not down playing that at all and you have every right to be mad but am I the only one who would just give a shrug and buy something else?

I really am excited for this truck to be built but if the dealer or Ford screw up, I’m just moving on to a different vehicle. That next vehicle might be a mid-size truck, might be a Santa Cruz or might be something without a bed.

Like I said earlier, I’m not downplaying the severity and frustration of a dealer messing up and orders not being placed.
I agree. I totally get that it's frustrating. I've been trying to order a Maverick since late 2022 and am excited to have an order for a 2023 Maverick. However, all the folks yelling about for incompetence should go make a car company and make their own cars since it's so easy. People want these because they are great and unique and I think all the criticism comes mostly from frustration and jealousy. Fair to be frustrated but literally no other company can get you this car either so maybe it's not that easy.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Selling my daily today, but if my dealer tries to pull some BS imma go to a mazda 3 hatch until 2024 or when the mav will be in high production and just buy one then. I love my mav (even tho its not here yet) but I will not get screwed by a dealer
Don't go away Mad! Don't go away at all!
Buy the Maverick at the dealer's 2K premium, then call your uncle Carvana!
Be sure to return to your dealer with your Carvana check - Just to rub it in!

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't go away Mad! Don't go away at all!
Buy the Maverick at the dealer's 2K premium, then call your uncle Carvana!
Be sure to return to your dealer with your Carvana check - Just to rub it in!
TBH I called my dealer and stuff and they said they will honor the OG price no add ons and lock in financing. they did try to screw me on my 2019 so I went with carvana and got 3k more LOL
Sponsored