Sponsored

I can't be the only one that thinks the trim should be painted right?

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I can think of a lot of things that should be done to the maverick but they all drive up the cost of the vehicle. Good photoshop work if you did that edit though.

OP
OP

xhrist

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can think of a lot of things that should be done to the maverick but they all drive up the cost of the vehicle. Good photoshop work if you did that edit though.
That's always the problem. Real world cost vs 10 minutes in photoshop! :)

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
As much as i had the same thought, seeing it now makes me think having it painted makes it look like its alot bulkier in the backthe front looks better maybe a chromed out version would be a solid in between.

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It would look nice, but the trim is always the part that gets chipped and scratched, so the black plastic serves it's purpose

OP
OP

xhrist

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As much as i had the same thought, seeing it now makes me think having it painted makes it look like its alot bulkier in the back the front looks better maybe a chromed out version would be a solid in between.
The back bumper is the part that keeps tripping me up. To me it's that back corner is too bulky in general. Maybe splitting the difference like this would have helped while still protecting from the scratches down low. like fishinmagicin said.

Just a thought.

Ford Maverick I can't be the only one that thinks the trim should be painted right? 1625604377786

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I'm sure Ford will offer more trims and appearance packages in the future, including one with body-color bumpers. They are probably starting simple with fewer variations for ease/speed of production.

It's not an uncommon thing. When Honda launched the HR-V in the US market, it was only available as LX, EX, and EX-L. They have since added a Sport trim, that, among other things, has gloss-black bumpers.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any guessing what it would cost to have some of the trim painted ?

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Depends on a lot of factors, including how much "some of the trim" is. I'll ballpark an OEM-quality, full-body paint job (like the first post) at $2000-3000.

The prep work is the killer. Plastic trim parts that are not designed to be painted have a surface texture on it for aesthetic appeal. That surface texture will result in some serious orange peel and paint adhesion issues if painted on directly, so the entire part needs to be sanded, skimmed with a very thin layer of body filler, sanded, filled, and repeated until you have a smooth but sanded surface.

Plastic trim that is designed to be painted usually has a smooth, chalky or matte appearance that needs minimal prep work for paint.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally prefer the black trim with the Alto Blue.

Front View.jpg
Same for me on the Oxford White, which I plan to do even more blacking out.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might be better off having the parts wrapped. There are lots of colors available so you might get lucky on a perfect match.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The back bumper is the part that keeps tripping me up. To me it's that back corner is too bulky in general. Maybe splitting the difference like this would have helped while still protecting from the scratches down low. like fishinmagicin said.

Just a thought.

1625604377786.png
the good part is you won't be looking at the back of the truck when you are driving it with a big smile on your face (y)
Sponsored