Sponsored

I bought a cheap tonneau cover from Amazon.

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know if the rail (not the one on the side on top of plastic, the actual cover thag lies on top of the paint) comes off so I can install spray in bedliner later?

Drew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Transit Prius Honda Yamaha Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely the same company or whatever from china because it also has that $30 discount and looks pretty identical to the other one.

Still I’d like to know how the quality is. Please keep us abreast.
I installed it right before going from Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska,Montana, Calgary, Montana, Colorado, back through Nebraska & on down to Florida. Over 5k miles & it performed admirably through the snow & windstorms along the way. It did ripple a bit from all the crosswinds & the quality is slightly less than the Ford labeled one I had on my previous Maverick, but it’s holding up!

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed it right before going from Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska,Montana, Calgary, Montana, Colorado, back through Nebraska & on down to Florida. Over 5k miles & it performed admirably through the snow & windstorms along the way. It did ripple a bit from all the crosswinds & the quality is slightly less than the Ford labeled one I had on my previous Maverick, but it’s holding up!
Awesome! It’s a lot cheaper than the Ford one that’s for sure, so a good buy. Thanks for the update, and that sounds like quite the trip!

Last edited:

LongLivePeart2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took a chance and bought the MaxMate roll up tonneau cover from Amazon. It is only $189 and I feel it’s as good as any roll up I’ve had in the past. Hardware is of decent quality and the fit is good. I didn’t install the included weatherstripping, so it’s not leakproof. I’ll wait until it’s warm here in Michigan before I do that.
Looks nice and digging your username!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverick2112

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know if the rail (not the one on the side on top of plastic, the actual cover thag lies on top of the paint) comes off so I can install spray in bedliner later?
The whole unit just clamps on, so it can be removed pretty easily.

OP
OP
Maverick2112

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, thanks for the reply. My truck comes with sliding rail, do you know if it gets in the way of thr clamps? I saw a couple videos but I can't tell.
No. Here is a picture of my rail kit with the clamps in view.
Ford Maverick I bought a cheap tonneau cover from Amazon. rail