Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few questions on how to install the new Lumbar support cable assembly onto the existing:

It doesn't appear necessary to remove the seat to complete the install.

Could someone please explain how to install the new cable assembly onto the existing Lumbar? It appears all that's needed is to remove horizontal white cable assembly and install on existing seat lumbar. I know the hooks circled in green have to hook onto something for it to work, but do not see where on the back of the seat to hook on.
Lumbar.PNG
Lumbar back2.jpg.jpeg

(The original lumbar cage has 7 cross support wires vs the power lumbar part has 5)

As for how it works, this video of an F150 roughly shows it:

Does someone have a video of it working with the seat back open?
Where did you get your cable assembly and what is the part #?

The OP gave a part # but when I enter it into the Tasca parts it comes up as a pad and not a motor assembly.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
cjames138

cjames138

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The OP gave a part # but when I enter it into the Tasca parts it comes up as a pad and not a motor assembly.

Thanks
That's the part number I used and it doesn't look like it changed. It lists motor and lumbar adjuster under the other names section.

Ford Maverick I added factory power lumbar support to my XL Maverick seat Screenshot_20230816-160138-804

ChiefCheese

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks
As cjames said, I just googled that part number and bought it online from a ford dealer. Plenty of dealers have it.

It all comes as one part. It's all you need aside from wiring/switch.

ChiefCheese

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick I added factory power lumbar support to my XL Maverick seat Lumbar.PNG

For those that have successfully installed the new parts onto the existing, would you mind taking a picture of how you did it? How the white cable assembly is put onto existing lumbar and seat? Thank you.

ChiefCheese

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know what Torx (Plus?) size this bolt head is? This is the bolt on the rear left passenger seat that bolts the bracket to the floor.
Ford Maverick I added factory power lumbar support to my XL Maverick seat Passenger seat bolt

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know what Torx (Plus?) size this bolt head is? This is the bolt on the rear left passenger seat that bolts the bracket to the floor.
Could you zoom out a bit so I can determine where this is located? I'm not seeing it on mine.

HRG

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is impressive as all get out, didn't know it could be done! But it begs the question, is the manual lumbar adjustment really that bad? Pretty sure my 02 Ranger has no lumbar, so anything should be a step up from that.

OP
OP
cjames138

cjames138

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Passenger seat bolt.jpeg
It's a T55 torx non plus.

Thex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is impressive as all get out, didn't know it could be done! But it begs the question, is the manual lumbar adjustment really that bad? Pretty sure my 02 Ranger has no lumbar, so anything should be a step up from that.
My XL did not come with ANY lumbar support.

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I added the power lumbar support to my driver's side seat. The part number is HU5Z-9665500-G. I chose to remove the motor/cable assembly from the new part and install it on my seat back support so I didn't have to disassemble it. The cable ends are a little tricky to get into the small holes on the back support frame, but once you find them it's not too difficult. The motor is easy to connect wires to with speaker spades. The factory switch is built into the power seat module, so I wired up a dpdt switch from Grainger. I attached a pic of the wiring. The switch I bought ended up being a pretty deep mount once I wired it up so I opted to attach it to my seat mount with some 3M VHB tape. I was worried it would hit the inner frame if I mounted it into the plastic side panel. Over all it wasn't too difficult given the added comfort.

IMG_20220928_171324716.jpg

IMG_20220928_171344436.jpg

IMG_20220929_085043738.jpg

IMG_20220926_172738111.jpg

IMG_20220929_082736541.jpg

IMG_20221005_163107361_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221007_083035378_HDR.jpg
With my mounting back issues, the lack of lumbar was the main reason I sold my maverick xl and went to a xlt lux. Now, one may think I’m crazy but my 22 to 23 to 24 order is now scheduled for October. So I made some $$ on the XL and getting some price protection from the xlt lux.

wish I would’ve seen this earlier. Might’ve kept the xl and done this upgrade. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

ChiefCheese

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ChiefCheese

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All installed. Works great. Easy enough to find the S-Hook holes on the backside of the seat. Big thanks for Cjames/OP for the help again.

Question for those who did the install, what fuse did you use? I am using fuse 24 which is marked as vehicle spare and rated at 20A in the fuse panel diagram, but I keep blowing 15 amps fuses. I tried fuse 1/2 and kept blowing a 10amp fuse there also.

Does anyone know the amp draw of or fuse size required for the power lumbar motor?

Ford Maverick I added factory power lumbar support to my XL Maverick seat Lumbarleft

Ford Maverick I added factory power lumbar support to my XL Maverick seat Lumbarright

OP
OP
cjames138

cjames138

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All installed. Works great. Easy enough to find the S-Hook holes on the backside of the seat. Big thanks for Cjames/OP for the help again.

Question for those who did the install, what fuse did you use? I am using fuse 24 which is marked as vehicle spare and rated at 20A in the fuse panel diagram, but I keep blowing 15 amps fuses. I tried fuse 1/2 and kept blowing a 10amp fuse there also.

Does anyone know the amp draw of or fuse size required for the power lumbar motor?

Lumbarleft.jpg

Lumbarright.jpg
Is the fuse blowing immediately when you press the switch? If so, I would check your wiring. It sounds like you either have a short or the switch is wired up wrong. The motor shouldn't be a very high amp draw.

capecruiser

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger lariat, 1931 Ford , 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you guys replace the yellow frame piece or transfer motor/cable assembly or use the original one ? They are slightly different. Thanks, Bret
Sponsored