First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your ALREADY getting discouraged? Have a seat bub cause we have stories for you. Its been over a year for me and many others here. Some have to start all over. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

OP
OP
smoothslash

smoothslash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weโ€™ll I can barely get a hold of my dealer I feel like he is already annoyed so we will see what happens.
Is there any way I can get my price locked in by the dealer? I need more advice on that

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean the reality is - you should be discouraged about your order.

Ford has said that only 35% of 2023 Mavericks will be Hybrids.

Ford has said that only 15% of 2023 Mavericks will be XL trim.

That means that only 5.25% of 2023 Mavericks will be XL Hybrids.

Ford produced what, 60k 2022 Mavericks? Even if we are lucky and they double that number to 120,000 mavericks in MY23 we're talking 6,300 2023 Maverick XL Hybrids.

The odds sure aren't good.

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would. I should say "I will". I'll be adding a tonneau cover!
guess Iโ€™ll call in the morning and have them remove it. Thanks for the heads up

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Factory Stock and Retail Stock are separate channels. A supplier may make 20,000 of a part and ship it to the factory, then make another 10,000 that gets shipped out through a distribution network that is managed by a 3rd party. If the factory gets 30K orders, then the factory comes up 10K short even though another 10K in parts are out there. They can't pull stock from the distribution network because on paper they are 'sold' to the distribution channel company. Even though a dealership 'orders' from Ford, ford will have the distribution channel ship it because it ultimately saves them tons on shipping costs. If you watch closely, parts you order through your dealership and through any ford website (parts.ford.com, accessories.ford.com or performance.ford.com) often are shipped from these distribution sites. Look up "Fred Jones Distribution" as an example (they bought Southland Distributing in my area years ago who distributed to multiple brand dealerships in my area)
Thanks Joe. Appreciate your detailed response. You are indeed very knowledgeable on this subject.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, while you're there in the future, can you tell us who wins the superbowl? ;)
Don't get your Panties in a Bundle It took me 10 months to get mine, So just take a Valium or 2 and wait for the call from your dealer ๐Ÿ˜

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It sounds like you have too much time on your hands. Maybe get a second job and by the time your Mav arrives you can pay cash. ๐Ÿ‘
Seriously! In the almost year I've been waiting I've saved up enough where I might not need a loan. Still might do it cause I locked at .09%

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It also wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the negative posts are just from competing brands trying to reduce faith in Ford.
My biggest complaint isn't that it's so late. It's that the communication is so lame. The not knowing is worse than the knowing.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My biggest complaint isn't that it's so late. It's that the communication is so lame. The not knowing is worse than the knowing.
I predict that those complaining about no communication, will still complain when they get communication. Its never enough. Just relax. Can't do anything with what you can't control.

BADucat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading the horror stories of allocation are making me a bit discouraged. I know they were calling Tim at long mcarthur papa and Santa clause is this because he is the only one getting a large amount of allocation and will possibly deliver by Christmas? Either way I really was hoping to get my hands on the new maverick it really is a huge bummer.

does anyone have any good news to lift my spirits?? I have to call my dealer tomorrow and bug him what are some good questions to ask?
I was recently notified by email that my 22 Mav will be in production the week of 10/17. Not sure if you all getting an order for your 23 before next year is realistic. I ordered my Man Sept 2021.
Sponsored