First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I read a post somewhere on the forum that indicated perhaps there was a change to the screen on the 23 Hybrid XLT, or maybe I did not. I have a 22 EB XLT FX4 with Lux, ORP, etc. and I know that there is a difference. My Hybrid has Lux, CP360, etc. Obviously there is no digital speedometer, but everything else looks different. I have seen somewhere here a setting to show a box that indicated Electric efficiency, but cannot find it. What I did find was a setting that shows when it is running in Electric mode (see attached photo). I know about the dial that replaced the RPM one and pretty much know how it works.
Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT Instrument Cluster IMG_8931[1].JPG

I just need some pointers regarding the Hybrid from someone who drives one constantly. I live in a small town and probably will do about 30/70 (city/highway), but need to get best efficiency. Got the EB down pat, but need help on the Hybrid.
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Push the right toggle switch down one to get to the ev coach. If it's not there, push the three bar button next to the toggle switch and toggle up or down to get to it then push the toggle button in to pick that screen. That way you'll know when it's running on electric or on gas.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When you are braking time it such, and use pedal pressure such to keep the regen needle (in the green) off the peg. Don't let it go all the way down to horizontal ( 9 o'clock ).

DenCimm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT Instrument Cluster 25282FCA-30AA-44EF-B6E6-98B8932B27AA

Got home, 5 miles after filling up: all non-highway miles, driving 40-50 mph around Sarasota County, Florida. My last two vehicles over the past two years were hybrids so I’m well versed in making the most of regen. braking; plus Eco mode in the Mav incorporates a mild level of one pedal driving. I don’t use any screen aids, placing a digital speedo front and center instead.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Moderate acceleration, coasting when you can, moderate braking when you can't, and keeping your speed reasonable.

That will get you 98% there, and don't work about the rest.

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what electric efficiency is. But there is EV coach that tells you when it’s using the gas, electric or both. You need to use “My view” screen with ev coach selected.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is all great to read as I sit here waiting for the truck

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What’s even better to read is the manual. I read that thing front to back twice during my 10 month wait.
Lol I read the '22 and the '23 when it came out. I will one up you, I read the installation instructions for the perimeter alarm. I wanted to double check that it was plug and play

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol I read the '22 and the '23 when it came out. I will one up you, I read the installation instructions for the perimeter alarm. I wanted to double check that it was plug and play
Lol I watched 3/4 videos on the alarm install. I also watched every review there was. And a couple subwoofer install videos. Pretty sure you don’t have my beat in this one. I spent an obscene.amount of time on learning this damn thing. Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks everyone. Now let’s see if I can pass HYBRID 101, unlike some college 101 courses LOL. Someone mentioned Eco mode. Does it work better at lower speeds. On my 1,200 mi homeward trip from dealer - all interstate at around. 73-74 mph, I used it for a couple hundred mi and actually got 2 mpg less than when in normal mode. Someone also mentioned digital speedometer. I have it on my EB XLT, but not on my HYBRID XLT, unless I missed something, which I could have given the fact I grew up in Louisiana LOL.

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think that works on a Lariat, or maybe it’s just me being dumb. It looks like it would be useful thing to have.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks everyone. Now let’s see if I can pass HYBRID 101, unlike some college 101 courses LOL. Someone mentioned Eco mode. Does it work better at lower speeds. On my 1,200 mi homeward trip from dealer - all interstate at around. 73-74 mph, I used it for a couple hundred mi and actually got 2 mpg less than when in normal mode. Someone also mentioned digital speedometer. I have it on my EB XLT, but not on my HYBRID XLT, unless I missed something, which I could have given the fact I grew up in Louisiana LOL.
Eco mode just increases regen. It might lower responsiveness slightly from the electric and gas motor too, but its not much if it does. Eco mode also keeps you in electric mode a little longer at lower speeds. Its likely the couple MPG difference you saw was related to grade of the road or wind direction, not the mode. At highway speeds, with a flat grade, the drive mode does not really make much of a difference in my experience. If you are in hilly terrain or lower speed/stop and go, eco mode definitely makes it easier to get the most out of the regen without thinking about it as much. You can still max out regen in normal mode if you are paying attention, Eco mode just makes it easier to do without watching the gage constantly.

If the temperature changed much over the 1200 miles, that would also affect your MPG.

I have had my Maverick for almost a year now, at this point I just slap it in eco mode and don't even bother looking at the regen coach or anything else. Spring summer fall MPG is 43. Winter brought it down to 40 MPG. I drive 70/30 highway/city.

Last edited:

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you keep the power gauge on the left under 10% it'll be mostly battery and killer MPG. The ICE always kicks on when you cross the 10% threshold.
It can make for slow acceleration, so I recommend accelerating up to cruising speed like normal, taking your foot off the pedal for 3 seconds, and then maintaining that speed by keeping the power gauge under 10%. If you're going faster than 60MPH this becomes increasingly harder to do.

Eco mode softens acceleration and increases regen braking (you can really feel the drag). I feel like I need to accelerate more often to compensate for the regen braking. I do not like it.
Slippery mode has been proven to give the best MPG. It softens the acceleration similar to Eco, but the vehicle has a more true "coasting" feel, while still regenerating the battery, but not harshly like Eco mode.
All that being said I use Normal mode 99% of the time, only utilizing Slippery mode when it's snowing, and Sport mode when I'm feeling devious 😈
Sponsored