First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks everyone. Now let’s see if I can pass HYBRID 101, unlike some college 101 courses LOL. Someone mentioned Eco mode. Does it work better at lower speeds. On my 1,200 mi homeward trip from dealer - all interstate at around. 73-74 mph, I used it for a couple hundred mi and actually got 2 mpg less than when in normal mode. Someone also mentioned digital speedometer. I have it on my EB XLT, but not on my HYBRID XLT, unless I missed something, which I could have given the fact I grew up in Louisiana LOL.
Points for having gone to LSU. Did you go there? My BOL was a professor there for many years.
Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know I read a post somewhere on the forum that indicated perhaps there was a change to the screen on the 23 Hybrid XLT, or maybe I did not. I have a 22 EB XLT FX4 with Lux, ORP, etc. and I know that there is a difference. My Hybrid has Lux, CP360, etc. Obviously there is no digital speedometer, but everything else looks different. I have seen somewhere here a setting to show a box that indicated Electric efficiency, but cannot find it. What I did find was a setting that shows when it is running in Electric mode (see attached photo). I know about the dial that replaced the RPM one and pretty much know how it works.
IMG_8931[1].JPG

I just need some pointers regarding the Hybrid from someone who drives one constantly. I live in a small town and probably will do about 30/70 (city/highway), but need to get best efficiency. Got the EB down pat, but need help on the Hybrid.
Other people will no doubt reply so I am only going to offer this piece of advice.

Use Trip 1 and Trip 2 on the instrument cluster as follows:
Use Trip 1 to measure any trip you want as to mpg’s and electric miles.
Use Trip 2 to measure mpg’s for each tank of gasoline.

For example, use Trip 1 to measure your work commute from when you get on the hi-way (interstate) until you get off it. You can experiment with your speed and see its impact on mpg’s. Use cruise control if you can. (All 2023 Mavs have cruise.) Write down your results in a little notebook you can keep in the car or type info in your smart phone. Also calculate % electric miles (electric miles divided by total miles).

You can set/reset Trip 1 by toggling to Trip 1 and pressing and holding OK.

As I told my accounting students you can’t change or improve what you don’t measure. (I’m now retired.)

Good luck. Have fun.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think that works on a Lariat, or maybe it’s just me being dumb. It looks like it would be useful thing to have.
Lariat display has an instantaneous mode. It's one page or so up from the Trips. EV Coach is more useful generally, however, as knowing how much throttle you can apply before the ICE will start is pretty important to minimizing fuel use.

Really the Lariat screen could probably make better use of its real estate to display more info concurrently.

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Points for having gone to LSU. Did you go there? My BOL was a professor there for many years.
Actually went to Louisiana on a scholarship. Grew up 31 mi East of LSU campus.

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Other people will no doubt reply so I am only going to offer this piece of advice.

Use Trip 1 and Trip 2 on the instrument cluster as follows:
Use Trip 1 to measure any trip you want as to mpg’s and electric miles.
Use Trip 2 to measure mpg’s for each tank of gasoline.

For example, use Trip 1 to measure your work commute from when you get on the hi-way (interstate) until you get off it. You can experiment with your speed and see its impact on mpg’s. Use cruise control if you can. (All 2023 Mavs have cruise.) Write down your results in a little notebook you can keep in the car or type info in your smart phone. Also calculate % electric miles (electric miles divided by total miles).

You can set/reset Trip 1 by toggling to Trip 1 and pressing and holding OK.

As I told my accounting students you can’t change or improve what you don’t measure. (I’m now retired.)

Good luck. Have fun.
Thanks a lot. Very useful info. Just be glad I was not in your accounting classes, but of course when I was in HS and college, abacus had just gone out of style. Thank God for computers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update. Lots of great info and thanks for it. Still have no answer to digital speedometer on Hybrid though. Do they have one or not? If so, I can’t find it.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update. Lots of great info and thanks for it. Still have no answer to digital speedometer on Hybrid though. Do they have one or not? If so, I can’t find it.
Yes, but not useful. The same digital speed is displayed on the analog speedometer to the right of the display.

If you have a Mav XLT or XL hybrid, you have a 4.2 in display and the ability to display a digital speedometer.

Here’s how to display it. Toggle to My View using the OK button by pushing up or down. Press the menu icon (4 parallel lines on the right side of the steering wheel). See 4 options to display — Digital Speedometer, Fuel Economy, EV Coach, and Calm Screen. Toggle to Digital Speedometer using the OK button. Now press OK. You should see the digital speedometer on the digital display cluster.

If these instructions are not correct, let me know and I’ll try again.

Last edited:

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update on seeing digital speedometer: my instructions were too complex. Let’s try again.
1. Turn on your truck.
2. See instrument cluster display.
3. Press menu icon on right side of steering wheel. (Looks like 4 parallel lines.)
4. See 4 options. Toggle to and highlight Digital Speedometer using OK button. (Push OK forward or back.)
5. Press down on OK button.
6. See digital speedometer.

Hope this helps.

jsalewicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know I read a post somewhere on the forum that indicated perhaps there was a change to the screen on the 23 Hybrid XLT, or maybe I did not. I have a 22 EB XLT FX4 with Lux, ORP, etc. and I know that there is a difference. My Hybrid has Lux, CP360, etc. Obviously there is no digital speedometer, but everything else looks different. I have seen somewhere here a setting to show a box that indicated Electric efficiency, but cannot find it. What I did find was a setting that shows when it is running in Electric mode (see attached photo). I know about the dial that replaced the RPM one and pretty much know how it works.
IMG_8931[1].JPG

I just need some pointers regarding the Hybrid from someone who drives one constantly. I live in a small town and probably will do about 30/70 (city/highway), but need to get best efficiency. Got the EB down pat, but need help on the Hybrid.
Also try using slippery mode, it give better costing and overall better MPG. I drive 30 miles to work everyday and speed ranges 25-65 mph and I average 47-54 mpg depends on traffic and wind direction.
Sponsored