First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course you’re going to see every problem possible show up on here, but what you don’t see are the statistics of how many hybrid owners are having no notable issues. So just take it all with a grain of tasty salt. Pretty much any vehicle forum will be like this. Just my opinion of course. But it’s good to stay critical, no harm in doing exhaustive research, but do be aware of the inherent bias of the most popular content on here, much like social media — controversy and intrigue tend to zoom to the top of the pile and stick around for a while. Anything resembling quantitative data/statistical sampling just isn’t available at this point.
^^^^^^^^
This.
Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
simple decision,- get it, don't like it - return it- or sell it. I am one of those with no issues- yet!
My auto purchase history, started with a 56 chev, there has never been an opportunity that didn't cost 20% depreciation. If your Dealer is committed to charge what you agreed I see no reason to walk. I have been watching the Heater issue and believe its going to be a software\electronic issue. Your money, your decision

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Pure Michigan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t have mine yet, but reading on this and other forums about catalytic converters overheating, various engine light codes… Makes me wonder how reliable this truck will be.. Anyone else rethinking their Maverick? Or waiting a year to see how it does? If I buy this truck it will be my only vehicle, so being in the shop weeks at a time not a option for me.

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think we also have to consider the amount of people that have gotten their truck and haven’t been as active on the forum anymore. Some happy new owners return to share details but a lot don’t. They are just off enjoying their new ride! But if there are issues, more owners will return to the forum for insight or assistance with an issue.

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t have mine yet, but reading on this and other forums about catalytic converters overheating, various engine light codes… Makes me wonder how reliable this truck will be.. Anyone else rethinking their Maverick? Or waiting a year to see how it does? If I buy this truck it will be my only vehicle, so being in the shop weeks at a time not a option for me.
I drove a 2013 Ford C Max hybrid for 7 years and then bought and drove an EV for 3 years. The only issue I had was with the EV when the charging range was reduced to 80% due to Chevy Bolt battery fires. Mine was a Hyundai and I never had any problems with either vehicle. I bought the Mav hybrid because I would not buy another vehicle unless it is an EV or hybrid (waiting for the Mav EV)! Hope this helps 😊👍🏻

FYI, here’s a pic of my third fill up since owning my Mav for a month and just turned 2000 miles on yesterday’s trip. Admittedly I had a little bit of a heavy foot and there was some nasty traffic on I 95 with everyone hauling their
Ford Maverick Hybrid second thoughts 762A2800-144A-4A43-9F62-198B7053AE8B
motorcycles to Daytona for BikeWeek. I think my overall mpg is running 39.5 and that’s with 2 900+ mile trips So I’m happy.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sincerely believe there are pros/cons on purchasing an otherwise untested unproven first line hybrid truck. After much research and reading about my purchase, Lariat lux all the bells and whistles truck, my final conclusion was, anything that crops up at the rollout will be taken care of ‘pronto’. Ford DOES NOT want bad press on this innovative truck to kill future sales of the Maverick or any other hybrid that they would introduce. If a problem arises you can bet your ‘cubby hole’ truck bed accessory, they’re going to do their best to get the problem(s) corrected. That being said, I wonder how many fence-sitters are wishing they would have signed up, given the spiraling gas prices now. Told ya so!
To all those who were gloating and being boastful about your factory tow hitch.....how's that improving your gas mileage.....like my hybrid? 😉

Sponsored

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
We have had our Maverick hybrid for about two months. No issues at all. Pleased with the gas mileage. 500 miles to a 14 gallon tank. Mixture of interstate and city streets. I'm on my third fill up, although the dealership filled it for us before driving off of the lot.

Reggie Dunlop

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT hybrid
Ford Maverick Hybrid second thoughts C0FA5310-E590-4CD8-B592-5CAB19948C2A
Very happy so far. XLT hybrid, 2700 miles. Have gotten 45+ mpg on several trips. Rides quiet and feels solid. Only option is a full size spare. Spray in liner done locally. Ordered September 9. Received January 13.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
C0FA5310-E590-4CD8-B592-5CAB19948C2A.jpeg
Very happy so far. XLT hybrid, 2700 miles. Have gotten 45+ mpg on several trips. Rides quiet and feels solid. Only option is a full size spare. Spray in liner done locally. Ordered September 9. Received January 13.
Thank you for your response. Mine is on the train to the PNW
Sponsored