First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How would you put the hybrid into neutral to get into tow truck if the battery is completely dead? Read the manual and it said it needs to go into tow mode in settings but obviously if my truck is dead I can't do that.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How would you put the hybrid into neutral to get into tow truck if the battery is completely dead? Read the manual and it said it needs to go into tow mode in settings but obviously if my truck is dead I can't do that.
Use a jump box to furnish necessary current assuming it's the 12v that's dead. You possibly could drive it to Ford. If you are in the 3/36 just call Ford and they will send the Mobil service out jump it and check battery and slim maybe replace it. They may send tow truck out themselves.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jump box did not work when I tried it. I was afraid to call Ford service as I assumed they would call billy bobs tow service locally who may not understand that you can't put a dead hybrid into neutral and didn't want to risk them ruining the transmission. I'll call my dealer to see if they have mobile service as I didn't realize this was something that they could do.
My dealer has two escapes that handle calls for things that don't need the parts department. They did software update in my driveway. He did bring an A pillar trim that came loose after my air bag recall was done in shop. He replaced it but the black rubber did not cover about 2" of the headliner by less than 1/16 inch. He took pics and said he would talk to service manager. Was over Xmas so was several days before dealer rep called and said they had ordered a new headliner under warranty and they will call when it's in. When he came for 23E07 ,& 23E09 updates in my drive he was 2 hours into his 3 hour expected arrival time. He had an emergency battery dead maverick call to side trip for. My dealer has a gigantic remote service van, I have no idea what level service they perform with it. Every once in awhile it will be parked at the entrance to dealership I assume to let people know they have it. Most of time it must be working. If Ford calls Billy Bob Tow he should know what to do if not Ford should fix it. In any case the remote service will pull the codes, etc and call for tow if necessary. If your jump box could not do anything maybe the big (300amp?) fuze is blown (doubtful but ?). Good luck.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They will tow from the front.... the rear wheels will just roll.
Provided the parking brake is not on.
Will the parking brake hold with a dead 12v? So probably 50/50. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Derwood

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick and Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They will tow from the front.... the rear wheels will just roll.
Yep, that's why I take the precaution of backing into parking spots whenever I can. Just to be safe.

Mavman321

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe Schmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Search on this forum for pictures but underneath the dash tray (black on XLs, orange on XLT) is a pull cord that will free the transmission for emergency towing

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Search on this forum for pictures but underneath the dash tray (black on XLs, orange on XLT) is a pull cord that will free the transmission for emergency towing
Thank you for this. I will look it up.

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer has two escapes that handle calls for things that don't need the parts department. They did software update in my driveway. He did bring an A pillar trim that came loose after my air bag recall was done in shop. He replaced it but the black rubber did not cover about 2" of the headliner by less than 1/16 inch. He took pics and said he would talk to service manager. Was over Xmas so was several days before dealer rep called and said they had ordered a new headliner under warranty and they will call when it's in. When he came for 23E07 ,& 23E09 updates in my drive he was 2 hours into his 3 hour expected arrival time. He had an emergency battery dead maverick call to side trip for. My dealer has a gigantic remote service van, I have no idea what level service they perform with it. Every once in awhile it will be parked at the entrance to dealership I assume to let people know they have it. Most of time it must be working. If Ford calls Billy Bob Tow he should know what to do if not Ford should fix it. In any case the remote service will pull the codes, etc and call for tow if necessary. If your jump box could not do anything maybe the big (300amp?) fuze is blown (doubtful but ?). Good luck.
I've got the headliner issue as well. The part is in stock, just waiting on shipping.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Neutral Tow is for flat-towing the vehicle.
yep. it's for the transmission and electric brake booster. if you're flat towing anything, you cannot allow the 12V battery to die. if it's already dead then flat towing it out, but a towing company would just lift the front end and tow it.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not think this applies to hybrids.