Hybrid with Tow package

Noah

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Hey everyone! I ordered an XL hybrid with a tow package and I was wondering if anyone knew if that was a limited item that would delay my order?
it’s not the 4K tow package which is what I thought was the limited inventory item but I’m not sure.
Thank you!
Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

Do you mean you added the hitch and ball optional extra? As a package i didnt think one labeled as such was available for the hybrid. If its just a hitch and ball i cant imagine it delaying your order much. Thats a simple option for even people who tow lightly with some larger sedans

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
The tow back age improves the rear suspension adds a 7 pin connector and a few other things. Depending on how Ford rotates production it will affect your queue position, but it may be positive or negative.

I also was not aware the package was available on the hybrid, but I intend on installing a wheelchair lift, not towing anything heavy. I have a harbor freight trailer, will be acquiring a Chesapeake teardrop camper and a small sailboat, none of which will exceed a 200 lb class 2 hitch. I can lift more, but only if my back is not used. Doc says osteoporosis limits me to lifting 20lbs max. Having already broken my back and spent a year literally in bed, I think I will listen to her.

I would argue hybrids with CVT are not the optimum platform for for towing either. Straight electric motors and hydraulic transmission with an ICE offer better reliability under load. But, that’s just my opinion which with 7.16$ will buy my SO her vente peppermint mocha Frappuccino at Starbucks with an espresso shot (hint it costs 7.16$).

OP
OP
Noah

Noah

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
My apologies I’m talking about the tow package with the 4 pin connector. It’s labeled as a tow package anyway I thought

Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
My apologies I’m talking about the tow package with the 4 pin connector. It’s labeled as a tow package anyway I thought
If you are talking about the $100 dollar option, that is just a receiver hitch and 4 pin connector. It doesn't alter the suspension or power train in any way. Strictly a bolt on option.

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
If you are talking about the $100 dollar option, that is just a receiver hitch and 4 pin connector. It doesn't alter the suspension or power train in any way. Strictly a bolt on option.
Correct, we added this option to a base XL for my son in law. For $100, it is a no brainer. Will be super functional for anything from a bike rack to a small U-haul trailer and probably cheaper than trying to add one later. It is hard to tell how Ford is finishing the rear bumper if no factory hitch. It could be a setup with no opening, meaning you may have to cut your bumper if you add one later.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, we added this option to a base XL for my son in law. For $100, it is a no brainer. Will be super functional for anything from a bike rack to a small U-haul trailer and probably cheaper than trying to add one later. It is hard to tell how Ford is finishing the rear bumper if no factory hitch. It could be a setup with no opening, meaning you may have to cut your bumper if you add one later.
Though eTrailer will have an easy option at launch (or that’s what they told me yesterday) still for 100 it’s kinda a no brainer. I suspect it’s a class 2 but it might be a class 1. The XLT I ordered is a class 2 and I opted for an aftermarket 4 pin to 7 pin converter to charge my liftgator (https://www.liftgator.com/)

Disclaimer: I hold no financial stake or receive any compensation for liftgator I just really like the product and company.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plus it does not include a draw bar or ball. Those you can purchase aftermarket when you determine how far off the ground your hitch should be.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Though eTrailer will have an easy option at launch (or that’s what they told me yesterday) still for 100 it’s kinda a no brainer. I suspect it’s a class 2 but it might be a class 1. The XLT I ordered is a class 2 and I opted for an aftermarket 4 pin to 7 pin converter to charge my liftgator (https://www.liftgator.com/)

Disclaimer: I hold no financial stake or receive any compensation for liftgator I just really like the product and company.
It is a 2” class 3

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a 2” class 3
Thanks for the info, I would not have expected it given the max load of 2k generally results in a max tongue of 200 and class 3 starts at 3,500lbs but 2in receivers are the most common so I can see that justification. I would hate to see someone try and pull 5k (class 3 is 3,5k to 8k) with a hybrid max tow of 2k though.

OP
OP
Noah

Noah

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Thanks for the info, I would not have expected it given the max load of 2k generally results in a max tongue of 200 and class 3 starts at 3,500lbs but 2in receivers are the most common so I can see that justification. I would hate to see someone try and pull 5k (class 3 is 3,5k to 8k) with a hybrid max tow of 2k though.
I’ve got a 900 pound boat and that’s about it! So it works perfectly for me!

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
The hybrid is still only rated at 200 lbs tongue. I assume it is a class 3 just do they don’t have to produce 2 hitch assemblies.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I’ve got a 900 pound boat and that’s about it! So it works perfectly for me!
I am planning on building a 15' sailboat after I get my Maverick. I expect the total weight of boat and trailer to be 1,200 to 1,300 lbs.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am planning on building a 15' sailboat after I get my Maverick. I expect the total weight of boat and trailer to be 1,200 to 1,300 lbs.
Doing it yourself or doing something like the CLC DIY kits? I am doing the CLC route personally to avoid excessive machining and fiberglass layout.
Sponsored