First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know if this is specifically sync 4 related, but I noticed this morning that I was getting navigation related stuff in the IPC from Android auto. You can see it next to the song title.

PXL_20220725_121951024.jpg
How do you know its from AA? I have this in my cluster and I'm still sync3 until my sync 4 conversion is compete. It's nav repeater.

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT 20220629_103851
Sponsored

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Sync 4 doesn't have navigation because it's a paid service, so it only could have come from my Google maps navigation

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do you know its from AA? I have this in my cluster and I'm still sync3 until my sync 4 conversion is compete. It's nav repeater.

20220629_103851.jpg
How did you get that cool cluster ???? That looks sick !

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I don't care about sirus XM do I need to replace the ACM ? since I believe forscan and enable it to recognize a APIM module

Sponsored

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I don't care about sirus XM do I need to replace the ACM ? since I believe forscan and enable it to recognize a APIM module
I'm not sure if the current one will work, I bought the -AB one with satellite radio and have it completely disabled in the ACM and APIM because I refuse to pay for it.

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_1357.jpeg

You want at least 12" of wire length between the APIM connector and ACM connectors.
For your wire harness, what method did you use to connect/splice the wires together? I don't see anything bulky under your tessa tape. You mentioned wanting 12" but I'm looking at around 10" if I connect them directly. Maybe I can get to 11" with a connector of sorts

OP
OP

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For your wire harness, what method did you use to connect/splice the wires together? I don't see anything bulky under your tessa tape. You mentioned wanting 12" but I'm looking at around 10" if I connect them directly. Maybe I can get to 11" with a connector of sorts
I soldered everything together to get it as clean as possible.

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not my picture, but I used non-insulated butt connectors and good quality 4:1 heat shrink and it looks the same, no bulk at the connection points.

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT 1659325190566

So I have everything connected except for 4 wires highlighted in yellow. Now the statement that any pins that you didn't mention on the APIM side are not required... so that means I can move pins 53 & 54 to 27/28 which is great because there was nothing there but I already used ACM 1 pins 14 & 25 for APIM pins 14/15 in red squares. How am I supposed to do this? Did I miss something somewhere in the 6 pages?

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The SYNC 4 talk should come to a halt in 2023. Ford announced a partnership with Google to equip 2023 models with Android Automotive via (GAS) Google Automotive Services.

Google Assistant, Google Maps and Google Play Applications mean good bye subscription fees from my perspective. I turned down Ford's offer of 200 bucks to update my navigation maps after the initial subscription on my 2018 Edge expired.

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay so I got everything all wired up, and test connected before I fully remove the old ACM etc.. Android Auto, radio and some other features worked without any programming. Reverse camera didn't and other stuff was wonky. SO I did a master reset, programmed forscan ACM/APIM as shown in the post, master reset after everything booted up and no radio anymore. Reverse camera works, Android auto still working, maps is now updating the correct location... so most everything appears good but no radio. I didn't even get into any DTC stuff yet. What ACM code should I be looking at. I have an XL Hybrid.

OP
OP

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay so I got everything all wired up, and test connected before I fully remove the old ACM etc.. Android Auto, radio and some other features worked without any programming. Reverse camera didn't and other stuff was wonky. SO I did a master reset, programmed forscan ACM/APIM as shown in the post, master reset after everything booted up and no radio anymore. Reverse camera works, Android auto still working, maps is now updating the correct location... so most everything appears good but no radio. I didn't even get into any DTC stuff yet. What ACM code should I be looking at. I have an XL Hybrid.
Verify the first 4 blocks in the APIM are correct, then flash the ACM with the code in the OP. If that doesn’t work then it’s possible you have a wiring issue (grey connector most likely)

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Verify the first 4 blocks in the APIM are correct, then flash the ACM with the code in the OP. If that doesn’t work then it’s possible you have a wiring issue (grey connector most likely)
Wiring looked okay. nickn066 shared their ACM code and that worked perfectly for me. Not sure what's different but, Radio is working and everything else looks good. Also, my digital IPC is showing the directions next to the song title which is cool. All I need now is to mount the APIM and stuff some stuff in. Thanks everyone for this!

Mattland76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wiring looked okay. nickn066 shared their ACM code and that worked perfectly for me. Not sure what's different but, Radio is working and everything else looks good. Also, my digital IPC is showing the directions next to the song title which is cool. All I need now is to mount the APIM and stuff some stuff in. Thanks everyone for this!
Can you share the code you used?
Sponsored