First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I got sync 3 working in my XLT Maverick. Everything works with a few exceptions. Satellite radio giving me a frequent but intermittent “antenna fault”. I think this might be a bad antenna so I’m going to try another. Do you know of any way we can tie into the stock antenna? In one of the forums, someone said that all mavericks have a satellite radio antenna built into the mast. I think ford makes some sort of splitter for this?
Second problem is that the volume knob works and is able to adjust volume, but on the screen it doesn’t indicate volume level, it always says “0” with no adjustment bar. I tried different things in forscan with no fix. Any ideas would be helpful on that one.
Sponsored

OP
OP

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I got sync 3 working in my XLT Maverick. Everything works with a few exceptions. Satellite radio giving me a frequent but intermittent “antenna fault”. I think this might be a bad antenna so I’m going to try another. Do you know of any way we can tie into the stock antenna? In one of the forums, someone said that all mavericks have a satellite radio antenna built into the mast. I think ford makes some sort of splitter for this?
Second problem is that the volume knob works and is able to adjust volume, but on the screen it doesn’t indicate volume level, it always says “0” with no adjustment bar. I tried different things in forscan with no fix. Any ideas would be helpful on that one.
Sounds like an as built issue in the APIM for the volume knob.

I looked into getting that splitter and it unfortunately won’t work. While our trucks are equipped with an antenna, it’s purpose is only for GPS. A more powerful antenna is required for sat radio which the lariats have installed. That antenna can be split but our base model ones cannot.

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if the M1PT-18K810-AA will work? I can't find an AB for anything less than $400

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if the M1PT-18K810-AA will work? I can't find an AB for anything less than $400
I second this as well. I could care less about sat radio, just need it to work otherwise.

Sponsored

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the Sync 3 system is only on the Lariat Lux Package. XL and XLT and base lariat have just a radio with BT and Apple car-play and android auto. On the ford build site it is showing a different equipment group for the LUX option and it is listed you will have sync3 unlike the base lariat that will just have the same radio as the XL's and XLT's. I just got my vin and I plan on slowly getting the parts for it and doing this mod to my XL so I can have factory Nav.... I will post pics if I do !!

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I second this as well. I could care less about sat radio, just need it to work otherwise.
I think the AA is like our base model trucks after doing some online digging. since I think that on the escape the SYNC3 is an option. I might be wrong tho

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got Sync4 installed, I'm getting a U2100 - Initial Configuration Not Complete DTC.

The navigation/map seems to be ~100 feet off.

But outside of those 2 things I need to figure out, it is working.

Edit: Removed the U2100 by pressing write-all in the as built and confirming nothing changed.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got Sync4 installed, I'm getting a U2100 - Initial Configuration Not Complete DTC.

The navigation/map seems to be ~100 feet off.

But outside of those 2 things I need to figure out, it is working.

Edit: Removed the U2100 by pressing write-all in the as built and confirming nothing changed.
Did you just save your original As-Built data from your sync 3 and load in into the sync 4 apim?

Sponsored

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maps look good now as well, took about 10 minutes of driving around for it to be accurate

Chowdayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 Lightning Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope to keep hearing good things!!!

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So that’s the weird part. Wi-Fi is working or else wireless CarPlay would not function (wireless CarPlay uses a direct Wi-Fi connection) but I was not able to get it to see any Wi-Fi networks. My guess is that the sync 4 APIM gets its network connection from the TCU.

To get back to the question though, No OTA updates and no built in Nav. The maps and location work but the actual Nav service is a subscription from ford and does not work without an accompanying TCU. There is a manual way to update but not as easy as the old usb method. That being said, I’m not too concerned about updates right now since I haven’t run across any stability issues or compatibility issues.
Are you able to provide instructions or a link on how we would update Sync 4?

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if this is specifically sync 4 related, but I noticed this morning that I was getting navigation related stuff in the IPC from Android auto. You can see it next to the song title.

Ford Maverick How To: Sync 3/4 swap for non Sync 3 XL/XLT PXL_20220725_121951024
Sponsored