Sponsored

How to replace the orange parts / pieces in the XLT?

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every orange piece can be replanced easily with OEM parts from the XL trim purchased at any Ford dealer.
Sponsored

EA715

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Indistinguishable!! Dupli-color, Rust-oleum, and Krylon all make paint specifically for plastics and it is not the cheap stuff you get a Wally-World. You can even get it formulated to correspond to the exact car color in some instances. Go with Duplicolor IMHO.
I have used the Dupli-color and Rustoleum flexible paint for vinyl and plastics on an old car - it looked great when done but on the plastic needed to be touched up every few months at least. Lasted longer on vinyl where the paint would "soak" in some. The RIT dye option someone else mentioned sounds interesting, that might be something to try first before ordering the part for $63.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have used the Dupli-color and Rustoleum flexible paint for vinyl and plastics on an old car - it looked great when done but on the plastic needed to be touched up every few months at least. Lasted longer on vinyl where the paint would "soak" in some. The RIT dye option someone else mentioned sounds interesting, that might be something to try first before ordering the part for $63.
Yep but still a cheaper and doable option if you do not want to buy one and have 2 of them or can not find someone to trade with.

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know if the orange on the air vents can be swapped out?

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Learn to 3D print or make friends with someone who does. You can have inserts and door pulls any color you want then. :)

A decent 3D printer is about $300 these days, so it might be cheaper than ordering the trim pieces from Ford.
To all of us waiting months to receive your Maverick, Get a really good friend to 3D you an entire Maverick. How hard could it be? Bring him a sandwich, some Fritos, and his or her favorite beverage while you wait .

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ship them to me. I will simultaneously ship you my black XL ones. Done.
😂 this is a wonderful post. Also finally someone isn’t trashing my favorite color haha i love the orange!

to the OM though: like many have said, plastidip, spray, or vinyl would all be cheaper options than replacing the pieces, unless of course youve made the swap with AJM

OP
OP
Sylvester

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that I have my truck for almost 2 month, I have to admit that the orange is growing on me and I really dont mind the orange parts. I still would love to have the parts in black but the orange is really ok and I might just stay with it.

minuccic

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
blue maverick xl
I know most of the orange material can be removed and replaced from the XLT Trims. Are there any insiders who know how to order an XL and Lariat part for the XLT? For me is really about the two orange inserts in the middle console. I know both can be removed but underneath is just ugly unprocessed plastic and I was hoping to be able to get the brown or black insert out of the Lariat/XL Trims. I guess I can live for know with the orange door handles but on the long run I will most probably try to replace them too.

thanks
I have black vents if u need

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone with the 2 black XL pieces want to trade for 2 orange? We each ship to each other? PM if interested...

Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone with the 2 black XL pieces want to trade for 2 orange? We each ship to each other? PM if interested..
Im up for a trade but the xl only has one piece the smaller one doesn’t come in the xl

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
^^ ok, good to know, you’re also looking for the XL black, correct?

Thanks

Jobst88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wild that the small rubber rectangle piece is more expensive that the phone holder mat.
Sponsored