Sponsored

How to replace the orange parts / pieces in the XLT?

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
Bumping this thread up to see if anyone has had any luck replacing the rubber orange pieces with black/brown. I can live with the more subtle orange accents as well as the door handles, but I really want to have a plan to replace the center rubber orange insert. I've been trying to track down the appropriate parts on Ford's parts site but can't figure out what it's called.

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally figured it out somewhat, thanks to a Ford Parts chat rep!

This is the XL rubber piece behind the cupholders: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/mat-14222077-1

And this is the XL rubber piece that goes behind the cupholders: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/mat-14222677-1

Apparently there is a difference for the former part which is dependent on whether or not you have the 12V or the 400W upgraded outlet. I have no clue why this is since I thought that would only affect the trim in the rear seat, but that's what the Ford rep told me. So two steps forward, one step back. I'm probably just going to order these and see what I get.

EDIT: Do not order the first part, it is actually for the XLT :(

Last edited:

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ford rep was WRONG, just got the main rubber insert in today and it's orange / the piece used in the XLT :(

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is spray paint that will work on vinyl products. I figure it also would work on whatever is used to make the orange console phone/cupholder pieces. If it wears thin after using for a while, just scuff a bit and re-spray.
Or wait until the exact part numbers can be ascertained. It seems currently part numbers have not been made available, online, at least, and possibly at the dealer parts departments.
tom

Sponsored

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is true, but I figure if I can get it for cheap, it beats having to bother with painting it. With that said, I can confirm that this part is the black (XL) rubber tray as I just received it today!

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/mat-14222167-1

Still waiting on the small rubber piece that goes behind the cupholders to arrive, this is what I ordered:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/mat-14222077-1

I'll report back as to whether or not it's the correct piece. I'll have to return the incorrect XLT rubber tray that I mistakenly ordered, but thankfully Ford has a no hassle return policy so I can just drop it by my local dealer.

Last edited:

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is true, but I figure if I can get it for cheap, it beats having to bother with painting it. With that said, I can confirm that this part is the black (XL) rubber tray as I just received it today!

Still waiting on the small rubber piece that goes behind the cupholders to arrive, this is what I ordered:

I'll report back as to whether or not it's the correct piece. I'll have to return the incorrect XLT rubber tray that I mistakenly ordered, but thankfully Ford has a no hassle return policy so I can just drop it by my local dealer.
Could you please share photos of how the black parts look on your XLT?

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I know most of the orange material can be removed and replaced from the XLT Trims. Are there any insiders who know how to order an XL and Lariat part for the XLT? For me is really about the two orange inserts in the middle console. I know both can be removed but underneath is just ugly unprocessed plastic and I was hoping to be able to get the brown or black insert out of the Lariat/XL Trims. I guess I can live for know with the orange door handles but on the long run I will most probably try to replace them too.

thanks
I’m pretty sure if you asked a 100 people, over half would prefer the XLT over the plain XL or the brown and blue lariat. But to each his own. If you have a hybrid don’t open the hood, there is orange wires everywhere. I ordered hybrid emblems that I’m adding a touch of orange to for the exterior of my velocity blue. If I were you I would wait and get other peoples opinion first why do you think people want to exchange their boring XL trim for your XLTs.

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you please share photos of how the black parts look on your XLT?
Wish I could, I don't have it yet. I've just been getting everything ready for all the modifications I know I'll want to do.

Sponsored

BeeGuyNC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if there are 3D print specs for the mats? I realize you would lose the rubber material for hard plastic but you could print your own color to accent your Maverick!

AndrewSKY117

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Honda Civic

Thanks for sharing this info! I'm gonna see how the orange looks with my red exterior when I get mine, probably will want to get black or maybe have it match navy pier if I can find anything like that or paint wise.

Retiredguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick,2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Ec
I like the orange accent pieces in the XLT...I've had a number of positive comments on the interior pieces.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the orange accent pieces in the XLT...I've had a number of positive comments on the interior pieces.
I think I'll like them too, but I am ordering a cyber orange XLT, so I may be biased. I like color. I think I would've liked purple, blue, red, green. I'm just so over dull colors.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not sure if someone mentioned this but silicone and rubber can easily be dyed with RIT dye packets. Just buy a packet of black, heat it in water and submerge for desired darkness. About 10-15min. for completely black.

Now the A/C vents…. Your on your own with that one.
Sponsored

Last edited: