Sponsored

How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please .

Buckshot62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT EB AWD ordered 12/19/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was but didn’t like the fact it had no side windows and no way to lock the rear window so I sold it and got an ARE V series shell. Much happier with the shell now. Can’t add pics of both cuz this app and or web site doesn’t let me.

MavFab

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My experience with this softopper has been pretty good overall. There is a small amount of water leakage around the front rails and along the seems in the canopy but overall it's reasonably tight. Note the pics of the softopper attaching to the tailgate. Included with the topper were some Velcro strips to attach the back to the tailgate but those Velcro strips have fallen off, not ideal. I wish this topper had the closing bar across the back like some of there other models but oh well. Hope this helps. BTW, excuse all the dirt on it...

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101944

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101925

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101906

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101901

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101825

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101821

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101814

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101754

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 20240119_101804

Sponsored

bjwnet397

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, no pics. I have had mine for close to a year, it remains on 24x7 because I put my dogs in bed area for hikes. It was a challenge to install bc it took 2 adult males to pull it enough to get snaps to snap and had to snap/connect front bar to cover then install the bar on bed front. It is garaged 24x7 so sun is not an issue. I also got the bed liner that pads/fills in the valleys to create a smooth floor. I will not get a hard top,

Doosenberry

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco. 77 F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine specifically for my dogs. I have a dog bed in the... bed... all the time.

I don't like the aesthetic of the Softopper on trucks. I think they look dumb, because they don't cover the entire bed rail and line up flush with the side of the cab. That goes for all of the Softoppers made for trucks. They're all like that.

Yes, I think mine on my Maverick looks dumb too, but it's for my dogs, I like the functionality and so do they. I have one on my 78 Bronco and that one is flush with the rest of the body and fits like the hard top would. A little more aesthetically pleasing despite the ugliness of my Bronco. I wish they had made the truck versions to fit like these do, at least on the sides.

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . trsv0eyh

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . VUCN3L6h

It also has a bar that goes across the width of the tailgate that snaps into the side rails and makes it a lot more rigid in the rear when rolled down, whereas the Maverick only get strips of velcro. I have not installed mine yet, so I don't know if they will meet the same fate as the strips belonging to @MavFab .

Other than not liking how it looks on the Mav, the only negatives I personally have are the rear not having a bar and the gap between the Softopper and the rear window collecting snow. I noticed it filling up and being packed with snow after we recently got some. Not a huge issue, especially if you have a broom or something you can fit in there to clear it out. The Softopper has a clear window in the front and the rear, so I'm still able to use the rear view mirror with it on and see all the way through out the back as long as there's no snow or too many dog nose prints on the vinyl windows.

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 663YriQh

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . GTzAPLXh

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 5lQs0Y7h

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . JwMzs5qh

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . HkjHYaWh

Also, with the Softopper I have on my Bronco, I have the tent for it that Softopper sells. I haven't researched a whole lot yet, but I'm looking into an alternative for my Maverick. I'd like to have a tent for it, but I'm not sure I want another one from Softopper. The Maverick is/will be more popular than my version of the Bronco, so I'm assuming there will eventually be a better fitting tent made specifically for it.

The tent Softopper sells is just a DAC tent and they make some poles for it to hold it up over the tailgate since there's no door to swing up and hold the tent up like a hard topper would.

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 7uKTXLJh

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . am7veloh

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . AeT4EW5h

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . p6z00tTh

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 46yguWUh

OP
OP

Buckshot62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT EB AWD ordered 12/19/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, Doosenberry for the informative write up on Mav/softtopper. I have one for my 2000 GMC and like it a lot. Wasn't sure about the Mav. Mine will be built on the week of 2/12/24 and planned on a softtopper after seeing the price of a hard top camper.

Sponsored

Doosenberry

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco. 77 F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if they've changed anything in the material or not over the last few years, but I've noticed the Softopper on my Mav is a lot more pliable in the cold weather than my other one. I don't roll up the rear window on my Bronco when it's freezing out as it feels very stiff and I'm nervous about cracking the vinyl.

I've been rolling it up and down in cold weather on the Mav with no real issue. I don't roll it as tight as I would when it's hot out, but it's still tight enough that I can get it all the way up and snap it in place. So there's that.

Apollo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My experience with this softopper has been pretty good overall. There is a small amount of water leakage around the front rails and along the seems in the canopy but overall it's reasonably tight. Note the pics of the softopper attaching to the tailgate. Included with the topper were some Velcro strips to attach the back to the tailgate but those Velcro strips have fallen off, not ideal. I wish this topper had the closing bar across the back like some of there other models but oh well. Hope this helps. BTW, excuse all the dirt on it...

20240119_101944.jpg

20240119_101925.jpg

20240119_101906.jpg

20240119_101901.jpg

20240119_101825.jpg

20240119_101821.jpg

20240119_101814.jpg

20240119_101754.jpg

20240119_101804.jpg

Hey I recognize that mall.... Small world. On subject.... Have you had any issues with the metal corroding or rusting on your softopper? I had a bestop soft cap on my 2021 F150 and it was a painted metal for the rails and it corroded from road salt so heavily that it was almost unusable.

MavFab

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey I recognize that mall.... Small world. On subject.... Have you had any issues with the metal corroding or rusting on your softopper? I had a bestop soft cap on my 2021 F150 and it was a painted metal for the rails and it corroded from road salt so heavily that it was almost unusable.
Nope, not yet. I've only had the Topper for about 6 month though so will keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a good deal on a secondhand "Fas-Top" brand topper/tonneau. It's nice because the top will fold down under the tonneau which uses the same rails and velcro, so you can easily switch between them.

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 1712744003979-qi

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 1712744025140-qy

Ford Maverick How many of you are running a Softtopper ? Pics and feedback please . 1712744188536-3x
Sponsored