Sponsored

How long before you give up?

How long are you willing to wait before canceling/ buying something else?

• Total voters

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My plan was to wait until February when most consumers have blown money burning a hole in their pockets from not having gone on vacations or out to eat much was spent on cars and a house and other big ticket items over the Christmas/newyears holidays, but I'm hearing that now they think 2022 will be just as bad.
I had to wait six months just for replacement windows for my house.
Yeah, its literally everything that comes out of Asia is basically causing huge holdups. Even just a mulching mower blade for our mower was on backorder for 5 months before we remembered we still never got our order and cancelled.

This should be a wakeup call that outsourcing the entire world's production to East Asia was maybe not such a great idea. Imagine if China decides to invade Taiwan and the US is required to go to war per treaty, the entire economy would come to a standstill.

I understand economy of scale and everything, but this is just getting silly where 3/4s of the world's production of some major commodity is all made in one factory in China. We saw this before with hard drives and memory, where a single factory floods or is damaged, and the whole world has a parts shortage.
Sponsored

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I contacted my dealer and switched motors. Iā€™m not in a position to wait deep into Q1.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man Toyota could completely steal the thunder out of Ford if they announced a Rav4 based Hybrid pickup that would be delivering middle of next year. They could even slap a $25k starting price on it and still pull ahead I bet.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My plan was to wait until February when most consumers have blown money burning a hole in their pockets from not having gone on vacations or out to eat much was spent on cars and a house and other big ticket items over the Christmas/newyears holidays, but I'm hearing that now they think 2022 will be just as bad.

Yeah, its literally everything that comes out of Asia is basically causing huge holdups. Even just a mulching mower blade for our mower was on backorder for 5 months before we remembered we still never got our order and cancelled.

This should be a wakeup call that outsourcing the entire world's production to East Asia was maybe not such a great idea. Imagine if China decides to invade Taiwan and the US is required to go to war per treaty, the entire economy would come to a standstill.

I understand economy of scale and everything, but this is just getting silly where 3/4s of the world's production of some major commodity is all made in one factory in China. We saw this before with hard drives and memory, where a single factory floods or is damaged, and the whole world has a parts shortage.
Weā€™re no longer obligated to defend Taiwan and if we were weā€™d look the other way like with Russia/Ukraine. Weā€™re not risking WW3 for a nonNATO state.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted my dealer and switched motors. Iā€™m not in a position to wait deep into Q1.
You gotta do what you gotta do. Hope you get scheduled soon.

Sponsored

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You gotta do what you gotta do. Hope you get scheduled soon.
Thank you. As I took stock of my situation, I canā€™t find a better value than this Maverick represents for me.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing comes close to the Maverick in regards to function and price. My current will last for several more years...I can wait.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man Toyota could completely steal the thunder out of Ford if they announced a Rav4 based Hybrid pickup that would be delivering middle of next year.
Toyota is in no better shape. They just announced slashing production by 40%. And Black Book has their dealer inventory sitting at a very low 17 days.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With station wagons and hatchbacks pretty much gone in my price range, I will wait until my wagon dies. There is nothing on the market priced like the hybrid that can do what it does.

Sponsored

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm good waiting till whenever. I'm not in desperate need, not replacing a failing vehicle just adding one. I'd like to have it by next spring so I can use it to do some projects around the house. I'm sure I'll have it by then. šŸ¤ž

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
This is really just a personal question, not sure there is anything to be gained here. It is similar to the 'what would you buy if the Maverick weren't available' - for some it would be something, others nothing - what does anyone gain from knowing this info?
I want to think itā€™s like passing the time talking about anything related to the truck and our expectations. Some of us are not looking forward to the many months of a roller coaster ride that we donā€™t want to get off of.

Frankly as long as we are not attacking each otherā€™s opinions Iā€™m good with just about any subject.

I think it is a fair question. Iā€™m the February line in the sand guy, donā€™t really need it right now but I donā€™t want to replay the ridiculous Bronco fiasco.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m curious how long you would wait for your Maverick order to come in? How long before you would choose something else / need something else?
I want a Maverick, but I DO NOT NEED ONE! I'll wager this is the case with most of us. I'm not sure if or when I'll give up, but if that time comes, I'll just know.

Ford really does need to start communicating with their customers. Any time someone says "until further notice" I just get a bad vibe. Are you listening Ford?

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Decided to wait and see what the friendly folks in Dearborn come up with next......
No .... what? What will not be available next? Who knows as this is a fluid time in the world of car/truck making.
I am in the retired camp and the little Ford is a ā€œwantā€ and not an immediate need. Feel sad for the folks that really zeroed in on one and need it pronto..... āœ”
Thus I have not ordered yet.... so itā€™s back to driving the original ā€˜71 Maverick šŸ˜Ž
Hang in there folks šŸ˜

notliketopgun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none, Maverick is first car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly I think by October or November, unless I happen to really want one. But we've barely gotten any footage of them driving, particularly offroad. If not the Maverick I'm either looking at a 2 door Bronco if I can afford one, a Mini Countryman S with ALL4, or some model of Land Rover. Either LR3 or a Series 2 Disco but there's a lot of work to be done on a Series 2 to make their power plant reliable.
Sponsored