Sponsored

How long before you give up?

How long are you willing to wait before canceling/ buying something else?

• Total voters

CHills

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m curious how long you would wait for your Maverick order to come in? How long before you would choose something else / need something else?
Sponsored

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
None of the above. Not an early adopter. Will wait to see what kinks show in Maverick once it hits the general public/mass production and see what other manufacturers enter the market. Are you listening Toyota. Rav4 compact truck anyone? Or a model based on first gen tacoma?

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think by the end of September I'll know if my car was scheduled in time to replace my current vehicle, which will not survive its next inspection. So if no production date email by then, I'll probably end up leasing something for a couple years than going full EV rather than buying a Maverick outright.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I voted never give up, but if the Maverick does not show up by next year (highly doubtful with my Oct 4 build week) and Toyota miraculously comes out with a similarly sized hybrid pickup all bets are off. LOL

Sponsored

bmessmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick AWD 2.0 Lariat First Edition
I am none of the above as well. My current vehicle is on its last legs. I will hold out until I can't wait. I assume a year at best, so that is how I voted.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Luv the reference to Galaxy Quest :)

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is really just a personal question, not sure there is anything to be gained here. It is similar to the 'what would you buy if the Maverick weren't available' - for some it would be something, others nothing - what does anyone gain from knowing this info?

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
What else is out there? My wife wants me to buy a high zoot Ridgeline. I'm leaning toward a Maverick, if it's quiet and comfortable enough during a test drive, which means a wait for a dealer demo. But Ridgelines are unavailable around here anyway. Chevy has shut down production, Ford has thousands of Broncos waiting chips, the auto world is a mess.

I had to wait six months just for replacement windows for my house. How freakin' technical is that? I'm lucky I have a dependable Outback with a lot of life in it. So I can wait. But I'm also a geezer I want a new truck while can still enjoy it.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking this is like a LONG relay race.
Why would I drop out of ANY race that hasn't even started
and won't start for 2 more weeks :sleep:

My race starts in 6 to 8 weeks, order was placed early last week :p

Sponsored
OP
OP

CHills

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is really just a personal question, not sure there is anything to be gained here. It is similar to the 'what would you buy if the Maverick weren't available' - for some it would be something, others nothing - what does anyone gain from knowing this info?
Yes. I am curious about other people and how dedicated they are to this truck.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd give it six months (February) to get scheduled. I may be willing to go Santa Cruz or '22 Frontier if I can get one equipped with all the things I want for MSRP after that. If they are not available, I'll still just keep holding on to my order. Continuing to change things that may be constraints. Like I just dropped my tonneau cover today. Here's to hoping that gets me scheduled soon. 🤞

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My resolve to buy a Maverick is dwindling. I saw a Jetta GLI S with a 6-speed manual. Mmmmmmmmmm. About the same price as my Maverick order.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
If my order is not scheduled for production by Thanksgiving, I will assume it will not occur.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
None of the above. Not an early adopter. Will wait to see what kinks show in Maverick once it hits the general public/mass production and see what other manufacturers enter the market. Are you listening Toyota. Rav4 compact truck anyone? Or a model based on first gen tacoma?
Then you can't really vote, because the question is towards those who have placed orders.
Sponsored